Franklin-Simpson at Hopkinsville

FSfan

Who wins?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Franklin wins because their defense is not easily fooled. Very disciplined on defense. They don't over pursue plays . They have very good defensive ends. As for their offense. They have good speed to go along with a well balanced passing/running game. Very well coached. Should be a fun game to watch. I do see this being close though

Hopkinsville wins.

Why: The spread offense has spelled trouble for FS all season. HHS is built on speed. The tempo is fast and the players are fast. They score in bunches and that is a problem for the Wildcats. Defensively the Tigers are loaded with speed. They react to the ball it seems at light speed.

Franklin-Simpson wins.

Why:

The Wildcats pound the ground game. FS as a team understand the vaiue of 3-7 yd games. Running backs patiently wait for blocks and plays to develop. The true Wing T that FS employs is old school smash mouth football and the Cats up front are big and nasty. Defensively FS has learned the value of assignment defense. The front seven are disciplined and there usually is a lot of blue around the ball.

The comment above about the FS offense being well balanced between run/pass had to be made tongue in cheek. FS had one pass attempt in the Madisonville game. Completed for 29 yards.

In another thread last week I said I thought Hoptown would win this game. After seeing FS against Madisonville, I'm not so sure. FS defense is playing well and the whole team has been consistently better since the Allen Co. game. Haven't heard much about how good Hoptown is or isn't in the lines. That may be the difference in this one as I like what I have seen in the trenches for FS especially on the defensive side. This one may be a shootout despite FS having a ball control offense as the Cats can score quickly if they break long runs as they did Friday night. I still wish FS was more balanced on offense, maybe they will be when they need to be.

I'll guess FS wins 35-28.

FS wins this one. They are playing much better on both sides of the ball. They are a young team that is growing up. They only have one bad loss this year, at ACS. I realize that their blowout loss came at the hands of a spread offense, but I think FS has grown up to the point that they will win. FS wins 22-12