J.T. Barrett arrested early this morning

PurplePride92

Clyde nailed it , huge chance for Urban to cleanse his checkered past on handling his players . Take the 2 game suspension , dont grin and celebrate this happened on a bye week , and take the next 2 week sisters off . Gonna beat them easily anyway . But it appears Urban is gonna finalize this situation before most people are even aware it happen . The hangover ain't even done yet .

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Ohio State and really like JT Barrett but when you are chosen as captain of a football team it elevates the expectations for your behavior, actions, etc.

A very poor decision! I echo JumperDad in that I am glad noone was hurt. Can only hope this gives him pause for thought in future situations.

P.s. 1 game is too light.

Clyde nailed it , huge chance for Urban to cleanse his checkered past on handling his players . Take the 2 game suspension , dont grin and celebrate this happened on a bye week , and take the next 2 week sisters off . Gonna beat them easily anyway . But it appears Urban is gonna finalize this situation before most people are even aware it happen . The hangover ain't even done yet .

So in your opinion he should be more harsh on a kid that has been a model student and citizen? Kid made a dumb choice. I posted an article that outlined past punishments. Most are 1 game, including at Stanford and Duke. Are they football factories? Spurrier didnt suspend a kid at all. I agree that 2 games is the right number. Not because Urban needs to improve his public image, but because it feels appropriate. In your mind is domestic abuse on par or below OVI? Cause if you say on par then we have a whole new list to go to.

And if Tosu would let the facts play out , and then decide 2 games I wouldnt complain. But 1 game , taking advantage of the bye week , and deciding how this should be handled less than 8 hours after the incident makes drunk driving look darn near acceptable .

He’s a college kid who made a bad choice (with still plenty more to go, like all of us).

I have no strong opinion on the 1 or 2 day game suspension. For drug/alcohol violations I do see a lot of value in a community service requirement. A college athlete could make a very meaningful impact to others struggling in this area. Good luck to JT.

In Ohio if you are underage you have much lower limits, .02 vs .08. That's pretty harsh, that's pretty much 1 beer. Zero tolerance. I've not heard-and it doesn't matter-what Barett blew. It looks like is has been declared a misdemeanor. No idea how that happens. ESPN is reporting this does not fall into OSU drug and alcohol policy.

I'm not up to speed on Ohio's DUI laws but in KY a DUI first offense is a misdemeanor. As is the second.