J.T. Barrett arrested early this morning

PurplePride92

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess Ill be the first Ohio St. fan to post on this. This situation sucks, there is no denying that, but the team will be just fine. If anything the team will rally behind JT because he is their guy. He is the unquestioned leader of that team and will remain so. Urban will use this as just another chip on the teams shoulder. Urban looks for things to rally his team behind i.e. last year no one believes in you, granted an OVI from his star QB would not be his first choice, its still something to rally behind. By the time the Mich. St. game comes around, this will be a non story.

Because of the ease of OSU's schedule Urban SHOULD show how tough he is and how he's a changed man and suspend JT for two games. Wins the PR battle without worrying about losing a game.

Urban's past history makes it easy for critics.

Clay Travis is not a fan

Video: Clay Travis Calls Urban Meyer ?The Biggest Hypocrite In College Sports? | College Spun

Like the idiot at the Orlando Sentinel, Travis is an SEC honk, specifically Alabama and his panties are still in a bunch over the loss to Ohio State last year. He's the last person whose opinion I would ask on this subject.

The super quick judgement with the penalty already dished out SCREAMS " lets just get this over with " I swear the booze hasnt even worn off and Urban is in full damage control. What Clyde said makes perfect sense -- go with the school policy of 2 weeks , meaning 2 games in football. Dont take the slimy road and celebrate he got nabbed on a bye week. But we all know Urban is all about the W's not ethics .

Noles fan should probably abstain from this coversation.

I'm a huge Noles fan and every time I watch Jameis Winston and Dalvin Cook I can only hope that they are truly innocent of what they were charged for and that they didn't get away with it. Every school has issues and every school always will. Just the way it is.

What is there to wait on? He was pulled over and blew over the .08 limit. Not much, but illegal. It's not like some child endangering money grubbing hoe made accusations. There's no reason to reserve judgement

Sarcasm, chief. I was up earlier than normal today and posted it as soon as I saw it. This story what a good buddy of mine calls "good for business." Word.

And I judge every thing. Character flaw.

The super quick judgement with the penalty already dished out SCREAMS " lets just get this over with " I swear the booze hasnt even worn off and Urban is in full damage control. What Clyde said makes perfect sense -- go with the school policy of 2 weeks , meaning 2 games in football. Dont take the slimy road and celebrate he got nabbed on a bye week. But we all know Urban is all about the W's not ethics .

Is that you Clay Travis. Please stop with the holier than thou.

If the school policy is two weeks, then a one game suspension makes sense. The Buckeyes are idle this week, and he would sit next week, and come back for the game on the 14th.

In Ohio if you are underage you have much lower limits, .02 vs .08. That's pretty harsh, that's pretty much 1 beer. Zero tolerance. I've not heard-and it doesn't matter-what Barett blew. It looks like is has been declared a misdemeanor. No idea how that happens. ESPN is reporting this does not fall into OSU drug and alcohol policy.

He exceeded .08.

I posted the alcohol policy. It clearly states any violation by a player under age 21 is a second offense. Second offense is a two-week suspension. It mentions no caveat about it having to be a felony.

So why is this just a one-game suspension when the policy seems clear that it's a two-week suspension?

If the school policy is two weeks, then a one game suspension makes sense. The Buckeyes are idle this week, and he would sit next week, and come back for the game on the 14th.

That could be. If that's the logic then OSU needs a better PR person to tell Gene Smith what to say. Win the PR battle.

However, how would JT QB the 2nd game if he didn't practice all week? I think that's why they went with a one-game suspension.

Like the idiot at the Orlando Sentinel, Travis is an SEC honk, specifically Alabama and his panties are still in a bunch over the loss to Ohio State last year. He's the last person whose opinion I would ask on this subject.

I don't think you get what Travis does. He's certainly not general SEC guy. He's a UT fan but he kills Bama. Kills UK fans.

But...what did he say that isn't true? That's the challenge of a Bucks fan and Gators fan.