J.T. Barrett arrested early this morning

PurplePride92

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was surprised I had to start the thread. I figured one of the many OSU haters would have beaten me to it. Good timing I guess.

I knew none of the OSU fans were going to start the thread. They are still searching OSU websites for as much info as possible before they comment publicly. We'll start to see them around noon. :lol2:

What is there to wait on? He was pulled over and blew over the .08 limit. Not much, but illegal. It's not like some child endangering money grubbing hoe made accusations. There's no reason to reserve judgement

I don't know any details but I've read cynical tweets saying the OSU police dropped this to a misdemeanor which prevents the university's alcohol policy/punishment from kicking in.

No clue what that means as far as one-game suspension vs what he could have received.

Regardless, a black eye on a kid who has a strong reputation.

Here is a link to OSU's alcohol policy.

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/compliance/pdf/current-drug-alcohol-policy.pdf

If you are underage you automatically are considered "2nd offense." Unless I missed it I don't see any caveat about it being a misdemeanor.

In Ohio if you are underage you have much lower limits, .02 vs .08. That's pretty harsh, that's pretty much 1 beer. Zero tolerance. I've not heard-and it doesn't matter-what Barett blew. It looks like is has been declared a misdemeanor. No idea how that happens. ESPN is reporting this does not fall into OSU drug and alcohol policy.

I guess Ill be the first Ohio St. fan to post on this. This situation sucks, there is no denying that, but the team will be just fine. If anything the team will rally behind JT because he is their guy. He is the unquestioned leader of that team and will remain so. Urban will use this as just another chip on the teams shoulder. Urban looks for things to rally his team behind i.e. last year no one believes in you, granted an OVI from his star QB would not be his first choice, its still something to rally behind. By the time the Mich. St. game comes around, this will be a non story.