Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Do you believe in ghosts?

Do you believe ghost exist? 39 members have voted

  1. 1. Do you believe ghost exist?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I have a few friends that will argue until they are blue in the face that ghost exist (and go ghost hunting any chance they get) yet others will just dismiss the suggestion of ghost out of hand.

 

So BGPer's do you believe ghost exist?

  • Replies 65
  • Views 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure, to be honest.

 

I certainly believe in demonic beings, but I'm not sure if they're always the same.

I'm not sure, to be honest.

 

I certainly believe in demonic beings, but I'm not sure if they're always the same.

 

I believe in demonic beings...but I'm not a believer when it comes to people saying, "My house is haunted. We hear footsteps in my house at night, doors closing, etc. etc. etc."

Don't think so, but I ain't afraid of no ghosts.

I'm not sure. But I do know some weird things go on at my mother in laws house at night. So creepy my wife wont stay overnight there.

As the cowardly lion said “I do believe I do believe”

I was more inclined to say yes for a long time. Now with some of the studies I have seen on infrasound it does make me question it. Either way I remain open to the possibility.

If you believe in God, angels, devils, burning bushes, demon pigs, and talking snakes, surely you must believe in ghosts... I'm skeptical. But who knows...?

If you believe in God, angels, devils, burning bushes, demon pigs, and talking snakes, surely you must believe in ghosts... I'm skeptical. But who knows...?

 

About where I am at.

I think people see things. I do not believe that if someone sees an image of their dead grandmother that it is actually their dead grandmother visiting them.

Yep. Heard many, seen a few, pretty sure I talked to one once.

 

Grandmas house is an 1850's mansion that has seen its share of craziness.

I am extremely skeptical about the existence of ghosts as seen on those bad TV shows.

 

BUT...I experienced something absolutely weird when I was 14 years old: a purple-ish blob ran by (and through?) my brother and me. We stopped at my aunt and uncle's house they were renting in Meade County. We were looking for a football as we were going back to the farm from being in Louisville for a few days. They weren't home at the time, but the house was left unlocked, which is strange because they never did that. Anyway, we went into the house and looked.

 

When we had not found the football on the first floor, we decided to look in the basement. The basement door had a funny little turn knob that sometimes would be hard to turn, like it would jam or something. This was one of those times -- it wouldn't budge. So I found some pliers and wrenched the knob until the axle broke and it wobbled in its setting, clearly broken. I said, "Damn, I broke it!" while both of us stood there at the door.

 

At that moment we heard a gasp-like groan from behind us, where the hallway was. We both looked at each other with huge eyes and turned to to face the hallway. That's when we saw it -- a dark, purple-ish mass that moved quickly from the end of the hall by and -- it felt like -- through us and the basement door, moving down the stairs through the door. Wowwwwwwww...I'm getting shivers here recounting this thing...Sheesh...

 

Anyway, I looked at my brother and his hair was standing up on the back of his head, and it felt like mine was too. I said to him, "The heck with the football, let's get out of here!"

 

We sat in his car laughing and breathing hard and asking each other: "Did that really just happen?!?" as we looked at the strange house from the driveway. Nether one of us had the nerve to go back into the house. We just got the heck out of there.

 

We did not tell anyone (mother, father, aunt, uncle, yada) about this event until I saw them a few days later while we were all playing cards. We told my aunt and uncle that we had stopped by looking for the football. We didn't tell anyone of the weird thing that happened, thinking they would think we were nuts or something. My uncle said, "Well, we locked the house when we left that day" a little perplexed. Then I apologized for breaking the basement door knob, and my uncle said that is wasn't broken. Everyone was astonished -- I know that I broke that thing! How did it mend???

 

We then told them the fantastic story, and they seemed kind of tense about it, although we didn't know why at the time.

 

Later, after they moved out of that damned house, they started sharing all the weird things that went on there: outside water hose would turn itself on almost every night; stereo turn itself on; sound of banging and slamming noises in the basement (but nothing disturbed); a ficus plant that would tremble even though no air register or anything else was around it (I saw this myself -- spookieeee); after coming home from church, their poodle was found in an empty bedroom with the door closed, although they had made sure all of the door were closed when they had left and locked the house -- he left the bedroom with his tail between his legs, scared to death of something; pools balls on the pool table in the basement would knock into each other with no one there (I saw this one as well...); and on and on and on.

 

As I said, I am very skeptical about "ghost" stories and such. But that house was haunted and still may be today. I go by it a few times each year, checking on its status. It went unsold for years and the curtains stay drawn in that weird house. And several times people have tried to fix it up and live there, but they always move out. I still don't have the nerve to go up to the house.

 

These stories are true, believe it or not.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.