October 16, 201510 yr Yes I believe. I've seen/heard/experienced way too much not to believe. I was quite the skeptic, once upon a time. But, several years ago, some friends convinced me to go on a "Ghost Hunt". There were some things that happened there that made me curious. So, I started going on a regular basis, and now, my wife and I are known as Paranormal Investigators in our area. Do I believe that every little bump in the night is some wayward spirit trying to communicate? Not at all. Do I believe that "orbs" in pictures are spirits. Not usually. But, we do have some pics, and plenty of EVPs that will make your hair stand on end.
October 17, 201510 yr Yes, only because of first hand encounter. Not only me but other family members as well in the same house. Won't go into details, but it is a KY law that one must give any information to prospective buyers if they believe the house they are selling is haunted or not. The particular house in question where the ghost was seen when my dad put it up for sale he did give the information that he believed the house was haunted so the buyer was aware of it. The buyer didn't believe in ghost either. He was a lawyer and was going to use the house not only as his residence but also his office. 2 weeks after he moved in the house was back up for sale and he had moved out before the house sold. I asked my dad why the house was back on the market so soon and he said the buyer saw a ghost and immediately put it back on the market, he only stayed there 1 week before he was so spooked he moved into a hotel until he found a new place.
October 18, 201510 yr I've never seen a ghost or spirit. My friends who claim they've seen ghost explain to me that not everyone is able to see them. Until I see something that I can't explain I'm going to continue to believe that ghost are simply in the mind of the person making the claim. In many cases, like old houses, it's not unusual for the floors and walls to expand and contract with temperature fluctuations, and make creaking and popping sounds. And it's human nature for the mind to "see" weird sights to go along with the sounds. The mind is a powerful contraption. And if the brain has already been pre-programmed with ghost stories about old haunted houses, as happens in many cases, then you're very likely to see or hear something in old abandoned houses, as well as inhabited homes. My dad lived to be 81 and fox hunted and coon hunted his entire life. He'd camp out and stay all night to hear his fox dogs chase the fox. He camped out about anywhere that was a good spot to hear the hounds. He told me many times that he never in his life had seen a ghost or anything out of the ordinary. Once he and his hunting buddies were camped out close to an old church, no longer in use. It was a stormy, windy night but was not raining so they decided to stay at the campsite. Not very far from the old church was a cemetery. Some of the men were staring at the church when suddenly they saw a ghostly figure floating inside the church. Needless to say all of them, except my dad, was scared. One fellow commented that it was a message to not be camping so close to the cemetery. They wanted to leave, but my dad wouldn't hear of it. He told them he was taking his flashlight and going down to the church to see what it was, because it had him puzzled same as the others. They tried to talk him out of going but he wouldn't change his mind and headed off by himself to walk to the church, about 300 yards away. What he saw when he got inside the church was a huge white curtain that was hanging on a chandelier and wind was blowing through the broken windows and causing the curtain to look as if it was floating. Whenever it would lightening the curtain was giving off a floating ghostly like image to the men observing from their distant campsite. So my dad goes back to the campsite and reports to his hunting pals that their ghost was a curtain and was made ghostly with the aid of wind, lightening, and a chandelier. He later told me that if he hadn't gone down to the building and checked on what was actually happening, that everyone of his hunting buddies who were present that night would have spread the story of the ghost in the church sending a message for them to not camp so close to the cemetery. And like all ghost stories, it would have been embellished each time it was retold.
October 18, 201510 yr When I was about 10 years old my mom lived in an old Civil War era house out in Boone County. A lot of spooky stuff happened in that house and late one night my little brother and I saw the spirit of a woman floating across the hall on the 2nd floor. Hard to say I don't believe when I've seen one clear as day...
October 19, 201510 yr Yes I believe. I've seen/heard/experienced way too much not to believe. I was quite the skeptic, once upon a time. But, several years ago, some friends convinced me to go on a "Ghost Hunt". There were some things that happened there that made me curious. So, I started going on a regular basis, and now, my wife and I are known as Paranormal Investigators in our area. Do I believe that every little bump in the night is some wayward spirit trying to communicate? Not at all. Do I believe that "orbs" in pictures are spirits. Not usually. But, we do have some pics, and plenty of EVPs that will make your hair stand on end. Wow, I've often wanted that house I wrote about studied. It scared me so much I had bad dreams monthly until I was about 28 (14-year span). Interested? I think it is inhabited now. The last time I saw it, it had people in it. However, they may be gone by now. It's in the Buck Knobs sub divison outside of Garret in Meade County. BTW, I saw tons of orbs before my mother died of cancer. For nine freakin' months I saw these things flying the house -- even under the deck during the daytime -- until she passed. I figured it was my dead relatives. I dunno... One other thing. We had a bad streak of luck of people dying on us for about four years: my mom, my aunt, my uncle, my wife's son's best friend, and a 19-year-old young who lived behind us (he played at John Hardin 2008-2010ish). Right before these people would die, my Yamaha amplifier to the entertainment system turned itself off the day before the death. EVERY TIME. I kid you not. We got used to it telling us a death was coming because it was right on the money. It has not happened in four years, and no one has died. Weird. Some people are just more in tune with these things I suppose...
October 19, 201510 yr When I was about 10 years old my mom lived in an old Civil War era house out in Boone County. A lot of spooky stuff happened in that house and late one night my little brother and I saw the spirit of a woman floating across the hall on the 2nd floor. Hard to say I don't believe when I've seen one clear as day... Strange...An actual apparition. The thing I saw was deep purple blob for some crazy reason and had no human shape at all. It sure gasped/groaned like a human though -- anyway that's how I express it, but it was just so freaky and happened so quickly, that's the impression I got. It was like the sound was in our heads or something. Like a damn movie. Just too fantastic.
October 19, 201510 yr If you believe in God, angels, devils, burning bushes, demon pigs, and talking snakes, surely you must believe in ghosts... I'm skeptical. But who knows...? You are the absolute last person I thought would believe ghosts are possible. What science is out there that supports the existence of ghosts?
October 19, 201510 yr I've never seen a ghost or spirit. My friends who claim they've seen ghost explain to me that not everyone is able to see them. Until I see something that I can't explain I'm going to continue to believe that ghost are simply in the mind of the person making the claim. In many cases, like old houses, it's not unusual for the floors and walls to expand and contract with temperature fluctuations, and make creaking and popping sounds. And it's human nature for the mind to "see" weird sights to go along with the sounds. The mind is a powerful contraption. And if the brain has already been pre-programmed with ghost stories about old haunted houses, as happens in many cases, then you're very likely to see or hear something in old abandoned houses, as well as inhabited homes. My dad lived to be 81 and fox hunted and coon hunted his entire life. He'd camp out and stay all night to hear his fox dogs chase the fox. He camped out about anywhere that was a good spot to hear the hounds. He told me many times that he never in his life had seen a ghost or anything out of the ordinary. Once he and his hunting buddies were camped out close to an old church, no longer in use. It was a stormy, windy night but was not raining so they decided to stay at the campsite. Not very far from the old church was a cemetery. Some of the men were staring at the church when suddenly they saw a ghostly figure floating inside the church. Needless to say all of them, except my dad, was scared. One fellow commented that it was a message to not be camping so close to the cemetery. They wanted to leave, but my dad wouldn't hear of it. He told them he was taking his flashlight and going down to the church to see what it was, because it had him puzzled same as the others. They tried to talk him out of going but he wouldn't change his mind and headed off by himself to walk to the church, about 300 yards away. What he saw when he got inside the church was a huge white curtain that was hanging on a chandelier and wind was blowing through the broken windows and causing the curtain to look as if it was floating. Whenever it would lightening the curtain was giving off a floating ghostly like image to the men observing from their distant campsite. So my dad goes back to the campsite and reports to his hunting pals that their ghost was a curtain and was made ghostly with the aid of wind, lightening, and a chandelier. He later told me that if he hadn't gone down to the building and checked on what was actually happening, that everyone of his hunting buddies who were present that night would have spread the story of the ghost in the church sending a message for them to not camp so close to the cemetery. And like all ghost stories, it would have been embellished each time it was retold. I agree a lot of things are mere contraptions of the mind, but that is what is so compelling about this house I experienced. It wasn't just one or two incidents by unrelated people. It was every DAY and unfathomable, unexplainable. Too many instances. I could tell you guys all of the stories. It's quite numerous because that freakin house was tainted. I've never had another experience like that ever ever ever. And my dad never experienced anything from the house. He grew up hearing a knocking in the attic of his house, scared to death of it throughout a solid winter. Come spring, they found a dead rat with a big ball of mud on his tail. Mystery solved. However, no solid evidence was ever found or recorded there. I wish we had the money then to have the proper equipment...It was 1976, stuff like that was expensive then. yada...
October 19, 201510 yr Yes, only because of first hand encounter. Not only me but other family members as well in the same house. Won't go into details, but it is a KY law that one must give any information to prospective buyers if they believe the house they are selling is haunted or not. The particular house in question where the ghost was seen when my dad put it up for sale he did give the information that he believed the house was haunted so the buyer was aware of it. The buyer didn't believe in ghost either. He was a lawyer and was going to use the house not only as his residence but also his office. 2 weeks after he moved in the house was back up for sale and he had moved out before the house sold. I asked my dad why the house was back on the market so soon and he said the buyer saw a ghost and immediately put it back on the market, he only stayed there 1 week before he was so spooked he moved into a hotel until he found a new place. Sorry I'm hogging this thread so much, but I just gotta relay... The house I have been talking about was a brand new house that had been built by a craftsman. It was his and his wife's dream house. They were in their late fifties and looked forward to living there. But they moved out within a month after moving there and began drinking heavily while they were there (my family helped my aunt and uncle move into the house, and I can attest to garbage cans full of beer cans a whiskey bottles...). So the house was put up for rent, and my aunt and uncle were the first to "live" in this hell hole. It was so active, all you had to do was spend one day there -- not even night, the middle of the day --, and you would experience something: bangings, water turned on, the shaking ficus, doors closing (and not gently, mind you), pool balls hitting each other, the stupid jammed basement door knob, heavy stomping on the basement stairs going up to the door -- and then stopping right there at the top, yikes). They got a summer flu one time, and my uncle was so sick he couldn't get out the bed -- but he said it sounded like an army of beings stomping up and down that hallway. I'm telling you, that house was SPOOKED. And once again, this is coming from someone who is very skeptical about many of the stories that float around or are manufactured by the media. It's the God's honest truth here. I'm not putting anyone on, BTW (again).
October 19, 201510 yr You are the absolute last person I thought would believe ghosts are possible. What science is out there that supports the existence of ghosts? If that house is still haunted (hauntings sometimes come and go, so I've heard), I would LOVE to have any of you guys go with me to spend time in it -- day or night, it does not matter. Incredibly active house. (Except I'm still chicken to go there...I don't want the thing traveling back with me -- I've had enough years of nightmares about it.)
October 19, 201510 yr My house is 4 years old, a two story brick home. Occasionally, especially in the winter, the house will pop and crack and make crazy, scary noises, sometimes sounding like doors slamming or people stomping around. My girlfriend, who believes in ghost, goes all bonkers on me everytime the noises occur, particularly if it's on the middle of the night. It happened several times during last winter's extreme cold weather. So, I talked to a guy who had built houses for many years and he told me that he had been asked that question before. He said noises such as loud popping and cracking sounds were common when houses were still settling and wood was still seasoning. Also he said you could get crazy sounds through heat ducts. Nothing unusual about it. And that's what I told my girlfriend when we first heard the noises, that it was the wood expanding and contracting during different seasons causing most of the sounds, not Casper and Spooky.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.