October 20, 201510 yr Cool, call me a skeptic that thinks anything is possible. ^ This for me too, but my % that believes anything is possible is less than 1%. I'm very skeptical about this sort of thing but not closed minded enough to totally say it doesn't occur. James Randi has some good youtube videos of debunking a lot of paranormal stories. He's kind of like another magician of fame, Harry Houdini, who exposed many paranormal activities as fraudulent.
October 21, 201510 yr People see , hear and BELIEVE what they want to. The things that I wrote about in this thread were not totally pieced together for my side of the family until my aunt, uncle and my cousin moved out of there. They ignored the purple blob account and the other earlier accounts (blasting radio, heavy foot steps, rotisserie, pool balls) that my mom, me and my brother witnessed. Only after they moved out of there did they tell of the absolute craziness they had to deal with day in and day out. I KNOW what I experienced was weird and fantastic, and I have not experienced anything like it since. I also know what you mean by the two-legged animal will believe anything, the more incredible the better. But I'm telling you that house had some kinda very kinetic thing in it. I also saw orbs flying around in my house for months before my mother died of cancer. I also witnessed my entertainment center amp turning itself off and then someone close to me and my wife dying the next day -- in succession. You can believe what you want, Mr. Friction, but I know what I witnessed to be strange and verifiable by multiple people, not just ghost stories. On the other hand, I laugh at sightings of big foot or flying saucers or the dumb shows on TV that are evidently created to sell products. YOU can believe what you want to -- but just because you have never experienced it, don't totally discount it.
October 21, 201510 yr The things that I wrote about in this thread were not totally pieced together for my side of the family until my aunt, uncle and my cousin moved out of there. They ignored the purple blob account and the other earlier accounts (blasting radio, heavy foot steps, rotisserie, pool balls) that my mom, me and my brother witnessed. Only after they moved out of there did they tell of the absolute craziness they had to deal with day in and day out. I KNOW what I experienced was weird and fantastic, and I have not experienced anything like it since. I also know what you mean by the two-legged animal will believe anything, the more incredible the better. But I'm telling you that house had some kinda very kinetic thing in it. I also saw orbs flying around in my house for months before my mother died of cancer. I also witnessed my entertainment center amp turning itself off and then someone close to me and my wife dying the next day -- in succession. You can believe what you want, Mr. Friction, but I know what I witnessed to be strange and verifiable by multiple people, not just ghost stories. On the other hand, I laugh at sightings of big foot or flying saucers or the dumb shows on TV that are evidently created to sell products. YOU can believe what you want to -- but just because you have never experienced it, don't totally discount it. Like Professor said, I won't ABSOLUTELY discount anything but will remain skeptical until I experience it, which I doubt will happen. I am very open to some sort of pure energy being behind these types of things. I would be willing to go in this house sometime if it's possible.
October 21, 201510 yr Like Professor said, I won't ABSOLUTELY discount anything but will remain skeptical until I experience it, which I doubt will happen. I am very open to some sort of pure energy being behind these types of things. I would be willing to go in this house sometime if it's possible. It definitely could be energy. I was recounting the events that happened there, and I remembered my uncle telling us that the central air condenser outside had to be repaired twice while they were there. I can't remember what the damage was, but I do remember the technician thought it was odd -- a power surge or something...I can't remember. Also, in the pictures, note how the electricity goes into the house from the pole. That is where the purple blob originated. It then ran down the hall down to the basement, yada...The portion to the left is where the dog was shut in the bedroom. I have not been in the house since 1977, and I don't know if it is still in the house. Sure is strange looking from the street though, even today. If I can get up the nerve, I will ask the current owners about its status, if there are current owners/inhabitants. I would love to have others experience the craziness me and my family experienced. I don't want the thing to follow me home though or give me nightmares like I did when I was younger. Let me see what I can do...
October 22, 201510 yr OK, well, bad news for my claims. I stopped by the house this morning and knocked on the door -- first time since 1976. A nice woman in her 40s was good enough to talk to me about the house. She and her husband has lived there for four years, and she said she has not seen nor heard anything. Apparently what was there is gone now. So no ghost hunting here. The issue is closed. I'm glad the house is clean, but I sure wish I could've had it researched when it was active. In other words, I still believe it was haunted. I talked to my brother to talk about the events that took place. Every few years I do this just to make sure it really happened since it was so fantastic. Yep, we relived the events and reconfirmed for us that those things did occur. The woman did say that her hispanic mother-in-law did bless the house after they moved in. The woman does not believe in such things, but she let her bless it anyway. Maybe this cleansed the house. Whatever. I'm a little frustrated now that I can't prove anything. But anyway I'm glad the house is peaceful now. End of story.
October 22, 201510 yr OK, well, bad news for my claims. I stopped by the house this morning and knocked on the door -- first time since 1976. A nice woman in her 40s was good enough to talk to me about the house. She and her husband has lived there for four years, and she said she has not seen nor heard anything. Apparently what was there is gone now. So no ghost hunting here. The issue is closed. I'm glad the house is clean, but I sure wish I could've had it researched when it was active. In other words, I still believe it was haunted. I talked to my brother to talk about the events that took place. Every few years I do this just to make sure it really happened since it was so fantastic. Yep, we relived the events and reconfirmed for us that those things did occur. The woman did say that her hispanic mother-in-law did bless the house after they moved in. The woman does not believe in such things, but she let her bless it anyway. Maybe this cleansed the house. Whatever. I'm a little frustrated now that I can't prove anything. But anyway I'm glad the house is peaceful now. End of story. Thank you. I find such things interesting. I appreciate the story. I too am glad the owners haven't had any issues with the house.
October 22, 201510 yr Thank you. I find such things interesting. I appreciate the story. I too am glad the owners haven't had any issues with the house. You're welcome, Sci Fri. I find them interesting too. If only the house was still haunted...darn...
October 23, 201510 yr What did you (guys) see? (Jim Schue also...) It wasn't only me. It was a old two family house in Hyde Park. We lived downstairs and my aunt and my two cousins lived upstairs. My uncle was staying over with us and we decided to go play some wiffle ball in the back yard. My uncle and I run upstairs to get my cousins and the four of us start heading down the steps in the common foyer. There stood a man in a older style hat with a long coat on ( in the summer ) in the entry way. You couldnt see his face just a shadow of his silhouette. We stop on the steps startled that some one was in the house. He just disapeared. No doors opened, just vanished. I was probably 6 or 7. We panicked and ran to our parents who of course didn't want believe us. Fast forward 20 years round about. My uncle and I are on his roof sealing it. We were talking about the old days and I brought up the day we were heading outside to play in the back yard. He finished my sentence and said " ya, and the ghost was in the hallway." I said " it was so long ago I thought it was me and my imagination." He replied " nope, it happened."
October 23, 201510 yr Wow, like my bro and me trying to make sense of it. Did the figure vanish into thin air before your eyes?
October 25, 201510 yr Wow, like my bro and me trying to make sense of it. Did the figure vanish into thin air before your eyes? It was there and then just not there. Like you blinked and gone.
October 25, 201510 yr Our office is thick with them. A handful of people have died there over its 110+ year history. They follow me up and down the halls when there late at night; I can feel them breathing on the back of my neck. Been known to make the adding machines go crazy in certain rooms. I see them ducking in and out of rooms down the hall.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.