October 20, 201510 yr MEANGREEN, It sounds as if the house that Aunt and Uncle lived in was either built on a site that already had activity, or maybe they brought the entity with them when they moved in. When I first started reading your post, the first thing that I thought of was a Poltergeist type entity, what with the movement of objects, and noises without any kind of apparition. Many believe that Poltergeists aren't actual spirits, but basically pure energy that is bouncing around all over the place. They are more common to happen in a building that has had a lot of emotional energy, or hormonal energy, such as a house full of teenage kids, or a school. I know that a lot of you all do not believe any of the things that I have just said, and that's fine. There are no facts when it comes to the paranormal, only theories. I have read a lot of such theories, and agree with some, while disagreeing with others. These accounts that you all are sharing has really got me itching to do an investigation. It's been too long.
October 20, 201510 yr My house is 4 years old, a two story brick home. Occasionally, especially in the winter, the house will pop and crack and make crazy, scary noises, sometimes sounding like doors slamming or people stomping around. My girlfriend, who believes in ghost, goes all bonkers on me everytime the noises occur, particularly if it's on the middle of the night. It happened several times during last winter's extreme cold weather. So, I talked to a guy who had built houses for many years and he told me that he had been asked that question before. He said noises such as loud popping and cracking sounds were common when houses were still settling and wood was still seasoning. Also he said you could get crazy sounds through heat ducts. Nothing unusual about it. And that's what I told my girlfriend when we first heard the noises, that it was the wood expanding and contracting during different seasons causing most of the sounds, not Casper and Spooky. Yep. I know about wood having memory and such, and that explains your girlfriend's experience. It's something to consider. It doesn't explain what I and my family went through. The manifestations were much more than a settling house.
October 20, 201510 yr MEANGREEN, It sounds as if the house that Aunt and Uncle lived in was either built on a site that already had activity, or maybe they brought the entity with them when they moved in. When I first started reading your post, the first thing that I thought of was a Poltergeist type entity, what with the movement of objects, and noises without any kind of apparition. Many believe that Poltergeists aren't actual spirits, but basically pure energy that is bouncing around all over the place. They are more common to happen in a building that has had a lot of emotional energy, or hormonal energy, such as a house full of teenage kids, or a school. I know that a lot of you all do not believe any of the things that I have just said, and that's fine. There are no facts when it comes to the paranormal, only theories. I have read a lot of such theories, and agree with some, while disagreeing with others. These accounts that you all are sharing has really got me itching to do an investigation. It's been too long. I know this sounds absolutely hackneyed, but...Meade is known for native Americans burial sites. The county has a bucket shape that made it easy for native Americans to drive animals into the corner to kill and harvest. The massive hunts (thus animals) would also sometimes kill the native Americans, so they ended up burying a lot of their fallen hunters there. Buck Knobs was one of those sites, and the story goes that artifacts were found when the basement was dug (I forgot how we got this knowledge -- maybe the builder, I dunno). That would account for the haunting and the droves of stomping foot steps they experienced. I actually have considered the unconscious energy theory myself. According to the experiences, it seemed to circulate through the length of the building, going down the hallway and down the stairs, or vice versa. The pool table was right at the bottom of the stairs, so energy could have been pushing the balls around. However, the ficus plant was in the other wing in front of a sliding door. (I could draw a sketch of the building, but suffice to say it was an L-shaped building.) Initial experiences: When were moving them into the house, I loved the house and no bad feelings at all. But when I was in the basement looking around, I peered into the crawl space (right above is where the family room was and the ficus plant), I got a really bad feeling and backed away from it. I figured it was just my claustrophobia at the time. As the moving progressed, we began hearing a whirring sound that we finally tracked to the garage. The former owner had stored (or left?) an older stove in there, and a mechanical rotisserie was turning. No one had started the thing, and it took a pair of pliers to turn the knob to off position. Weird, but no one thought anything of it. Some time later in the day, my brother took a nap in the family/ficus room. A clock radio had been installed next to the couch so everyone could know the time. Well, the clock radio starting blaring music, which of course woke my brother up. My cousin and his wife came into the room asking what the heck was up. He was as confused; he thought they had turned it on as a prank. We shrugged it off, but thought it strange, of course. I could go on and on. Later that week, my mother was visiting my aunt and they were yacking up a conversation on that same couch, when they heard heavy, stomping foot steps come up the basement stairs...and stop right at the door. They were petrified, whispering to each other, "Who could it be?" and laughing at each other for talking so loud to each other that they weren't conscious of anyone else in the house, which no one was. They waited for at least 10 minutes for someone to present themselves, but it never happened. BTW, the family dog was going crazy sniffing under the door and barking at the presence. He thought or knew something was there too. It never resolved. They and the dog eventually got the nerve to explore the basement. No one was there. There are more incidents...smaller and larger, but the purple apparition I initially described was definitely the most intense and other worldly.
October 20, 201510 yr Yep. I know about wood having memory and such, and that explains your girlfriend's experience. It's something to consider. It doesn't explain what I and my family went through. The manifestations were much more than a settling house. I'm not doubting your experience. Obviously something was happening to cause so many people anxiety. I guess what I'm trying to say is I have never experienced anything such as your example. I'm 61 and have been in a lot of homes and old buildings in my life. I suppose it's the skeptic in me but I've always believed that everything has a natural explanation, it's just not always easy to find. In some cases it's been exposed, many years later, that the supernatural phenomena in homes and other dwellings were the result of pranksters, or deliberately orchestrated by people wanted to cause a stir, or even make money from a book. The Animityville Horror is such an example. The people who lived in that house, where an actual mass killing had taken place in the past, were exposed as frauds with their stories of ghost and hauntings. They made a lot of money from it, as did the author of the book, which led to the movie.
October 20, 201510 yr I'm not doubting your experience. Obviously something was happening to cause so many people anxiety. I guess what I'm trying to say is I have never experienced anything such as your example. I'm 61 and have been in a lot of homes and old buildings in my life. I suppose it's the skeptic in me but I've always believed that everything has a natural explanation, it's just not always easy to find. In some cases it's been exposed, many years later, that the supernatural phenomena in homes and other dwellings were the result of pranksters, or deliberately orchestrated by people wanted to cause a stir, or even make money from a book. The Animityville Horror is such an example. The people who lived in that house, where an actual mass killing had taken place in the past, were exposed as frauds with their stories of ghost and hauntings. They made a lot of money from it, as did the author of the book, which led to the movie. I appreciate what you have to say. As I've said, I am very skeptical of many claims as well, like that stupid Amityville Horror movie or the multitudes of cable programs that always say: "Two weeks later" or "All of a sudden" or "Two hours later". You know, media gadgets that tell ghost stories rather than report something correctly without Hollywood glitz. Geez. I make fun of those shows myself, but I also know that some weird things do exist from these experiences I relayed here. We did consider that the outside water was maybe being turned on by neighborhood kids, but at 10 or 2 am at night? Every night? This happened every single night, so my uncle said. At one point, no one would have believed that the atom existed, for instance. In another example: what the heck is lightening? Just an electrical exchange of electrons? It is not always present, we see it from time to time that we call "plasma", but it appears and disappears unpredictably, leaving only small traces of itself that vanish quickly. A transference of energy. Luckily, we can and do all experience lightening. Unluckily, we do not all witness hauntings. BTW, I'm trying to get some photos from an old, malware-ridden hard drive (without compromising my good PC), so you can see this train wreck of a house.
October 20, 201510 yr OK, here are some pics of the place I have taken from 2006 to 2013. People have moved in and out of the place and have tried to grow things and settle the house. It never appears to have a happy look to it. Notice the blinds and curtains are always drawn. It has been this way as long as I have known. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7iWFHsbMxdcLW5JeHRpbWJuWDg/view?usp=sharing https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7iWFHsbMxdcQzBaQmdtTk1wcWs/view?usp=sharing https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7iWFHsbMxdcQUEtLUJSM0s3VEk/view?usp=sharing https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7iWFHsbMxdcVjhuZmVvY3RjYk0/view?usp=sharing https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7iWFHsbMxdcUTFPclQ1S1hjSUk/view?usp=sharing https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7iWFHsbMxdcUlRhUDdvNTlMVUU/view?usp=sharing https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7iWFHsbMxdcbnFzVVhMQ2hMQUU/view?usp=sharing https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7iWFHsbMxdcc1NkMGtWdkZIdzQ/view?usp=sharing https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7iWFHsbMxdcRUtUeVhHMDdWTEk/view?usp=sharing https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7iWFHsbMxdcM2ZwdGYxMmlBd00/view?usp=sharing https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7iWFHsbMxdcSUVKQXpLdG1yamM/view?usp=sharing https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7iWFHsbMxdcNDRLSk5HY3VXZlU/view?usp=sharing https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7iWFHsbMxdcbVFGOElwcDYwTlk/view?usp=sharing https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7iWFHsbMxdcd0JDXzlfY0tyOXM/view?usp=sharing https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7iWFHsbMxdcd2JIMlhrZjA4YVE/view?usp=sharing https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7iWFHsbMxdcNVJRbnFFVlN2eFE/view?usp=sharing https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7iWFHsbMxdcZEZSWTJJc0d6WTQ/view?usp=sharing https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7iWFHsbMxdcSjhKOTY0MDdNWFk/view?usp=sharing https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7iWFHsbMxdcQnRYZi1SLUpRclk/view?usp=sharing https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7iWFHsbMxdcbjlWSXRfbXNDMU0/view?usp=sharing https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7iWFHsbMxdcbldLbXZKVm50ZWM/view?usp=sharing https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7iWFHsbMxdcUWphUGpfc1F3ZGM/view?usp=sharing https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7iWFHsbMxdcRnFaTk41cTlqUjQ/view?usp=sharing https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7iWFHsbMxdcT0NzaU1IbXhJTDg/view?usp=sharing https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7iWFHsbMxdcNzFXeGxXSnk0ODQ/view?usp=sharing https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7iWFHsbMxdcMVdvWk5nNXR4N2s/view?usp=sharing
October 20, 201510 yr You are the absolute last person I thought would believe ghosts are possible. What science is out there that supports the existence of ghosts? Not saying they do exist. I'm very skeptical. Until I see one, I'll say no. Same with the God man. When I see him(or her), I'll believe. Until then... I'll say it's all in the minsd of those who want to believe it's real.
October 20, 201510 yr About where I am at. So if you believe in God , you have to believe in ghosts? Your logic never ceases to amaze me
October 20, 201510 yr So if you believe in God , you have to believe in ghosts? Your logic never ceases to amaze me Did you read the bolded or are you just seeing what you want to see?
October 20, 201510 yr Did you read the bolded or are you just seeing what you want to see? I meant to quote Science Friction the post above. That was my fault.
October 20, 201510 yr I meant to quote Science Friction the post above. That was my fault. Cool, call me a skeptic that thinks anything is possible.
October 20, 201510 yr I meant to quote Science Friction the post above. That was my fault. Just saying, if you believe there's a Super Shaman living somewhere above the clouds that watches everything you do , it shouldn't be too much of a stretch to believe in Casper.
October 20, 201510 yr Just saying, if you believe there's a Super Shaman living somewhere above the clouds that watches everything you do , it shouldn't be too much of a stretch to believe in Casper. Ah look at that Mr. Condescending comes out to mock others spiritual beliefs. It's almost comical if you were half as intelligent or had the ability of critical thinking that you think you do people may actually take you serious.
October 20, 201510 yr Ah look at that Mr. Condescending comes out to mock others spiritual beliefs. It's almost comical if you were half as intelligent or had the ability of critical thinking that you think you do people may actually take you serious. You must have some doubts your vengeful (but loving) wizard in the sky? I will remain skeptical about ghosts and gods until there is at least one scintilla of real evidence that they are for real.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.