Simon Kenton 42 Highlands 3

theguru

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the game was 3-0 birds I thought it might be close... then Dillon Powell exploded. blocking was good too. the score really could've been worse. The plays for the birds O don't really exploit their talent. blocking was worst ive seen for Highlands probably ever. Def front did a good job early but didn't get off blocks and didn't wrap up down the stretch. Made Powell look like he was made of greased butter.

Hergott is a good athlete and a good kid but I think its time to call him playing QB. Put him at TE and put Gosney at QB to get more talent to the receiving core and take away some of the picks. I think Hergott is the more the kind of athlete to say go run there and catch the ball.... not the kind of athelet for: "if he does this do this, but if this is there then then do this, and if they come from here run the ball." I think Gosney is a little better at decision making. I think making that change couldnt make anything worse? might as well try it.... take the weight of the world off hergott too.

I could be wrong, but appears to me that Hergott is throwing the ball from the "slot", side armed. This will make the ball rise resulting in him missing his targets. Some short, mid-level patterns might be a good option as well. Everything seems to be a screen or home run. He is staring down his receivers as well. Needs to look off the defense more often. My opinion, and my opinion only, is that he has some mechanical work to do. Hergott is the QB. He should remain the QB. He is a raw talent that needs some work. Measurables are there. Needs to refine his skills. Will improve at the next level, with proper coaching, for sure.

The balance of SK is what probably gives them the best chance of any NKY 6A team aince the days of Shaun Alexander.

It will be interesting to see if they can live up to the hype if they can get to Male or T. For the time being SK fans enjoy it, just don't get too eager.

Make them throw. Powell at RB is very good, but not a make you miss type. Really no player on offense is really a playmaker. SK is big and fast if going in straight lines.