Cooper 3 Scott County 2

Yellow Card

Cooper had a comfortable 3-0 lead, a questionable PK was AWARDED to Scott Co and it gave them some life. A through ball on a nice run made it 3-2 with about 25 minutes left.

Cooper did a good job of regrouping and regained control of the match and held on for the win.

Good luck to Brossart tomorrow night.

I hope that Brossart does not have the same CR for their match tomorrow. In terms of consistency, this might have been one of the most lopsided matches I have ever seen officiated.

I thought the first half was called fairly evenly and I really cannot remember either side having any issues with the calls that were made. The second half was completely the opposite; kids constantly being pushed from behind by one team and on a few occasions, they actually ran through players and there was not a foul called.... but when the other team happened to touch someone it was called a foul... just glad to get out of there with just some bumps and bruises.

Thanks for the well wishes. How was Scott co. Were they fast , strong ? Haven't seen them play this year, there record doesn't look to good but that doesn't always mean a lot.

They have a fast midfield that are very skilled , they have a striker to that can play , there defense was not very good

Agree with what Soccer beast says about their midfield, they really liked to run a give-and-go with their backs when they could and they constantly looked to play through balls. I thought that Cooper held their own in the middle, Ross, Hollifield, Cooper, Carty and Candia did a good job of jumping passing lanes and then starting a counter attack.

I am not sure about the comments regarding their defense. I think it was hard to guage how good they were because they were not playing a normal formation. They seemed to have someone man-marking Snow the entire time while also keeping another behind him in a sweeper type role. Their allignment in the back allowed for the Cooper mids to play the ball forward and it created quite a bit of space for others to make runs. What they might have lacked in speed, they tried to make up for by playing physical.