Trinity 70 Lafayette 14

price499

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lexington Public school football always leaves me scratching my head.

Lexington Public Schools/Athletics is a joke of epic proportions.

They don't want them to be good, they don't care. The best players in the school are probably walking the halls and want nothing to do with the fiasco that is Fayette County Football.

if you knew nothing about the teams and saw them both warming up you would think they were evenly matched, but once the whistle blew it was easy to tell which team had put in more time preparing.

When you are limited to ridiculously low practice restrictions you tend to get your butt kicked.

By halftime, Trinity had 400 yards of offense, 23 first downs and Reed had 157 yards rushing, per the Courier-Journal. The 4 TD's that Burns caught tied a school record. Lafayette's big tackle going to UK very much looks the part of a big-time college lineman. He's got a big frame. Reminds me of Taylor Lewan (sp) from Michigan a couple of years back.

He is huge. I got to see him up close last week and he is a physical specimen. Definitely looks the part.

I saw Landon Young this past wrestling season. He is a naturally large framed, big bodied athlete that still looks baby faced and young for his age and definitely young for his size. He looks like he is no where near done growing, outside of his overall size, you might guess him being a sophomore. Mr. Young is not fat and he is not chubby. He could put on 50 pounds and it would still look like he could add another 50. When you see him you would not guess his weight to be 270. Most would probably guess closer to 230, just because he does not look "heavy."

If I had to guess, I am not sure he has to shave yet. He carries his weight well and is well proportioned, moves and looks like an athlete. Landon is not some big clumsy oaf that got offers just because he is big. Most highly rated offensive lineman you see in person at camps are huge but they look like they are over 20 with big guts and man boobs.

Landon Young is one of the most impressive looking high school offensive lineman I have ever seen in person.

Here is Landon Young's Junior year highlight film:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1575309/highlights/165968375/v2

Trinity's defense has given up one touchdown and two field goals in the three games so far. (The same praise cannot be given to the kickoff coverge team, however, thanks to Mr. Alstatt.)

As to the comments about Lexington football being hampered by the school system, one thing I've noticed this year in watching Henry Clay (scrimmage) and now Lafayette is that these teams do not appear to be in shape, at least compared to T's level. There are a lot of linemen walking around with excessive guts. I submit that this is not on the school system but the coaches. (Landon Young is not fat, though. We were wondering in the stands last night why Young doesn't play on defense . He seems fit enough to do it.)

Please expand on this.

I think it has more to do with the facilities. You have boys soccer, girls soccer, band, and football all trying to use the football field with no practice fields for use. This limits the time available for practice. Fayette Co. doesn't invest time or money in their athletics. Booster's have to raise everything.

I think it has more to do with the facilities. You have boys soccer, girls soccer, band, and football all trying to use the football field with no practice fields for use. This limits the time available for practice. Fayette Co. doesn't invest time or money in their athletics. Booster's have to raise everything.

Sounds like nearly every public school? At BW the soccer parents every summer sod the sliding area around the bases and the baseball field becomes their soccer field. Then when that's done the baseball parents undo it. Football field used by football teams from the Spartans youth program to the varsity football. During softball season they put up a makeshift fence and they play on the football field, which in the fall is used from as soon as school is out until the last middle school team is done at around 9pm. Other schools near by are even worse. 6 am practices or going off campus. Not a Lafayette issue or excuse

Sounds like nearly every public school? At BW the soccer parents every summer sod the sliding area around the bases and the baseball field becomes their soccer field. Then when that's done the baseball parents undo it. Football field used by football teams from the Spartans youth program to the varsity football. During softball season they put up a makeshift fence and they play on the football field, which in the fall is used from as soon as school is out until the last middle school team is done at around 9pm. Other schools near by are even worse. 6 am practices or going off campus. Not a Lafayette issue or excuse

First off it was a general statement about Fayette Co schools not Lafayette. No excuses were made and I didn't bring up the topic. It was a response to question you didn't ask, so move on. Don't be a pit stirrer. And BTW middle school football also uses the high school fields.

Edited by rockmom
Rule 8

Exactly where we expected him to be..

Some of us actually have jobs and watch multiple games until the wee hours of the morning. We do not live and die on BGP.

As I have said before, there is no level playing field when Trinity gets the best players from such a wide base to choose from.