Trinity 70 Lafayette 14

price499

Their are a couple other mountain boys, from what I hear, that is also on staff at Trinity.

And we got a few kids on the team that have some mountain blood. Beatty isn't 'city' folk either. Biggest influence in his life was his Dad...and he worked a farm and drove a truck all his life. Beatty, Cobb, Leslie...and a bunch of guys that like to fish and hunt. Not a bad mix when you consider the mixture of ethnicity and blue collar administrators/teachers. And guess what...they all care a great deal for eachother. Said it before and I'll say it again, they care more about Trinity than personal accomplishments.

Excited to see Coach Cobb get some recognition on this platform. Amazing addition to the T staff last year.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How many Trinity D1 players?

Not as familiar.

I would guess this:

2016 WR/CB Rodjay Burns (Louisiville commit)

2016 LB Damon Lowe (2* but has smaller offers)

Their running back Reed I could see going D1.

They are a solid team with Burns as a star but just really solid all the way around.

It is not about the D1 guys it is the others that make a team great. T has so many very very good high school players that cant play in college but are great HIGH SCHOOL football players. Now I don't care if you only practice 1 hour a day with the talent Laf has they shouldn't get beat that bad by the Green Bay Packers. And if you go back over the last 40 years and see how many public schools have won the State Title, well if you look at that data and cant figure out there is a unfair advantage then well, bless your heart. Some public schools have some college players but they have 4 or 5 guys that are on the field that just cant get the job done. Trinity has a great team and they are just doing what the khsaa allows so that is how it is and as long as there is not a public private split God bless them because they are hands down the best football team year in year out in this state!

I think Beatty, Cobb, Coverdale, & Co. would win state with the Lafayette players if they had them four four years and those kids put in the extra time and bought into the system.

Do you mean if the Lafayette players had gone to Trinity from the start of their high school career and made up the current team or if that coaching staff had worked at Lafayette for four years?

Yes I totally agree alstatt kid is a ball player. Already has d-1 offer. An is ur kick returner??? Come on!!! Give the kid the dang ball. Your offense can't just be "everyone go deep " an Ima run around like it's a broken play. An lob it up !?!?!?!? I mean wow! Am I the only one who sees this???

Yes I totally agree alstatt kid is a ball player. Already has d-1 offer. An is ur kick returner??? Come on!!! Give the kid the dang ball. Your offense can't just be "everyone go deep " an Ima run around like it's a broken play. An lob it up !?!?!?!? I mean wow! Am I the only one who sees this???

That's exactly what their offense looked like to me. Run the QB out of the pocket and hope he stays up long enough for someone to come open.

The coaching comments are spot on for Fayette co.

The only exception being the lex Catholic program. They get more out of less kids year after year.

To me Fayette co schools look like a state or area that just started a football program. It lacks discipline, structure and commitment.

Edited by TexasRanger
spelling

Another observation on coaching: I don't believe Lafayette reacted to T's shifting and motion prior to the snap....at least not that I could notice. It seemed like they just stayed where they were. Maybe when T was all finished moving around, L was in the right defense anyway.................I don't know.

Another observation on coaching: I don't believe Lafayette reacted to T's shifting and motion prior to the snap....at least not that I could notice. It seemed like they just stayed where they were. Maybe when T was all finished moving around, L was in the right defense anyway.................I don't know.

St. X doesn't move either.