Whitley County 9 Corbin 2

Wow, that's a surprise!

Not a surprise really when you consider the 13th Region teams have beat up on each other. Yes, Corbin beat Whitley twice, but the district is at Whitley and the Colonels have a great hitting team..Plus the Colonels' pitcher is solid and you've gotta give credit where credit is due.

I didn't think Corbin had the team or the coach to go very far this year.

The coaching staff did a very good job with the Redhounds this year, as they do every year. More of the younger players need to play summer ball or get used to getting knocked out early in the playoffs.

Not a surprise really when you consider the 13th Region teams have beat up on each other. Yes, Corbin beat Whitley twice, but the district is at Whitley and the Colonels have a great hitting team..Plus the Colonels' pitcher is solid and you've gotta give credit where credit is due.

I have to agree. Whitley has a very good team this year and Corbin is a little green, starting two freshman(I can't ever recall this happening) and two sophomores.

Whitley was able to get off to a good start and put the pressure on Corbin and the Hounds did not respond very well, committing 5-6 errors in this game.

McCumbers kept Corbin off-balance at the plate all night and pitched extremely well for the Colonels.

Corbin will return virtually the entire line-up, losing only 2 starters in Lucas Henson(2B, P)and Chance Hendrickson(1B), so they should be improved next year.

First time Whitley Co has beat Corbin in what 26 years??:confused:

Great Job Whitley County and Coach Smith.:thumb:

I can recall Whitley beating a Corbin team that had only one loss the entire regular season back in the 1978 district tournament. Roger Richardson hit a game winning homerun that almost hit centerfielder Steve Bird in the head, but he did not make the catch which would have won the game for Corbin. That would have been 28 years ago, so I guess that they beat Corbin again two years later.

I can recall Whitley beating a Corbin team that had only one loss the entire regular season back in the 1978 district tournament. Roger Richardson hit a game winning homerun that almost hit centerfielder Steve Bird in the head, but he did not make the catch which would have won the game for Corbin. That would have been 28 years ago, so I guess that they beat Corbin again two years later.

One of the very few balls that Bird didn't catch on any field of play.