Preseason favorite per region?

Bowling Green is probably a larger favorite in the 4th than any school has been since the end of Warren Central's 2002-2007 run. If they don't go unbeaten in region play from season's start to the end of the region tournament, they had one heck of an upset.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2nd region is Christian County with Henderson perhaps #2 .

Hoptown didn't get the transfer they thought they were going to get. They simply lost too much from last season. matlock, who won't be much in college, was TERRIFIC in high school. he drug them to several victories and he will be sorely missed...

Why the backhanded compliment? Seems unnecessary and malicious.

Back to the topic,

1.) Murray

2.) Christian County

3.) Owensboro

4.) Bowling Green

5.) Taylor County

6.) Fern Creek

7.) Trinity

8.) Oldham County

9.) Covington Catholic

10.) Campbell County

11.) Dunbar

12.) Mercer County

13.) Clay County

14.) Perry County

15.) Lawrence County

16.) Rowan County

as far as region 2 I believe that Christian County is the team to beat, but Hoptown is a close second. I don't think anyone else in the region is close to those two teams.

The best I saw in the 7th was Trinity and Eastern. Trinity looked better than last year. Ran their offense really well and played as a team. Eastern was very athletic. They played a lot faster than last year. Didn't see Ballard but as always they will be in the mix. I think the wild card will be Male with new coach Feldhaus. The 6th is wide open. Fern Creek and Bullitt East look to be the favorites but they don't scare you. Lots of transfers in the 6th so will have to see how those teams progress.

I think the first and second are toss ups. I think tilghman has more options than Murray. I like Christian counties team but I think Hoptown will be better than most expect. I doubt Henderson is a region contender. Watch out for trigg co. To be a dark horse in the second. I think the third is wide open. It sounds to me the only real favorites to win their regions this year is taylor co. And bowling green. I'm not sure what Johnson central returns but I know they went to the sweet 16 the last 4 years. If they have much returning then they'll be tough. They gave Ballard a good game for the most part last year in the first round.

They return a lot of good players and will be good. However, in my opinion they don't have a dominate player and our not very physical. They rely on their system to beat you. I think that hurts them in the 6th. They wont play all the teams in the 6th kind of pick and choose. I think if they played more of a regional schedule it would toughen them up. Too many soft games. Just my opinion.

Go ahead and put Trinity, Waggener, Eastern, Ballard & Central in a hat and pick one out. I believe there is very little difference in these teams. You can pick each one apart. Waggener is the most talented but how many people would really go out on a limb and pick them. Male has potential to scare each of these teams on a given night. Manual has to replace everyone. They actually looked pretty good in the summer but I put zero stock in summer high school ball. It looks like a very long season for St. Xavier.

Par for the course

I was A HUGE matlock fan. still am. But he simply won't be able to play as a 4 or 5 in college as a 6'4 or 6'5 guy. It's a shame he didn't develop more of a perimeter game because he plays incredibly hard and has great physical tools. It's an opinion, unfortunately, unless he suddenly develops a jump shot and ball handling skills, I think he'll struggle at the TN juco he's at.

I was A HUGE matlock fan. still am. But he simply won't be able to play as a 4 or 5 in college as a 6'4 or 6'5 guy. It's a shame he didn't develop more of a perimeter game because he plays incredibly hard and has great physical tools. It's an opinion, unfortunately, unless he suddenly develops a jump shot and ball handling skills, I think he'll struggle at the TN juco he's at.

Then post that in the first place instead of taking the low road. And for the record, I think you're mistaken.

Central is in the 7th. Unless the school moved to the south side yesterday. The 6th should come down to Fern Creek and Bullitt East. Give Bullitt East the edge as of today. This year should be an entertaining one.

Argh. Good call. I still haven't adjusted to those recent Louisville changes.

I will amend to Bullitt East in the 6th and Central in the 7th.