Preseason favorite per region?

I was A HUGE matlock fan. still am. But he simply won't be able to play as a 4 or 5 in college as a 6'4 or 6'5 guy. It's a shame he didn't develop more of a perimeter game because he plays incredibly hard and has great physical tools. It's an opinion, unfortunately, unless he suddenly develops a jump shot and ball handling skills, I think he'll struggle at the TN juco he's at.

That's fine and dandy but posting that the way you worded it in a thread dedicated to predicting the region favorites for the 2015-16 is unnecessary and reeks of spite.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They return a lot of good players and will be good. However, in my opinion they don't have a dominate player and our not very physical. They rely on their system to beat you. I think that hurts them in the 6th. They wont play all the teams in the 6th kind of pick and choose. I think if they played more of a regional schedule it would toughen them up. Too many soft games. Just my opinion.

I would say the hands down favorite is Bullitt East in the 6th. They start 4 returning seniors who have all started since they were sophomores likely. I feel they have depth and the system is what makes them the favorite because they know who they are and roles are defined.

I do agree the 6th is wide open and there could be surprises. On paper Fern Creek is the next natural option to select based on returning players and last season's success. But nobody knows which individual players got in the lab and improved. It will be a very interesting year that absolutely could have a surprise or two at the top.

I was A HUGE matlock fan. still am. But he simply won't be able to play as a 4 or 5 in college as a 6'4 or 6'5 guy. It's a shame he didn't develop more of a perimeter game because he plays incredibly hard and has great physical tools. It's an opinion, unfortunately, unless he suddenly develops a jump shot and ball handling skills, I think he'll struggle at the TN juco he's at.

What in the world does Matlock have to do with region favorites for 2015-16? Way off topic here

What does Boyle look like this year? Do they have enough pieces around Colton Elkins to be a regional contender in the 12th?

I think so but I am admittedly biased. Going into the season no one will be thinking about Boyle in the 12th. So far Mercer County, Wayne County and Southwestern are the region favorites. Casey County has been getting a lot of love. West Jessamine has been getting a lot of love also along with Pulaski County. With all those names no one will be thinking about Boyle County or paying attention to Boyle County and that is fine with me.

I think that Owen will win the 8th as long as they stay healthy. I watched Toffness and the other guard (McDonald) play a couple times over the summer (Shining Star-Kinmon) and they improved their game. With the pick up of Dunaway I think that this may give them the edge. I do think that Dunaway will struggle keeping up with them but Carson will not have to guard the biggest kid on the floor and he will definitely help out on the boards!

What does Boyle look like this year? Do they have enough pieces around Colton Elkins to be a regional contender in the 12th?

Not sure they have a kid who can create his own offense like Hagen and Jeremiah could. If they can find someone who can be a go to scorer, they'll have a chance to make some noise.

Not sure they have a kid who can create his own offense like Hagen and Jeremiah could. If they can find someone who can be a go to scorer, they'll have a chance to make some noise.

Boyle will have more balanced scoring this season. Instead of having two guys leading the team in scoring every night they'll have 3-5 guys capable of being the leading scorer on any given night. The offense will be more diverse this season. I still expect Colton to get 3-5 dunks a game also. That's the bar I am setting anyways. :D

4. Bowling Green

8. Probably Oldham County but there will be people rooting for Owen County as the dark horse

10. @Randy Parker @mcpapa @gold sunrise

11. Dunbar

13. Clay County

15. Johnson Central

16. Elliott County/Rowan County

I don't think in any way is Owen Co. a dark horse. As a matter of fact, I think they are the pre-season favorite. Maybe someone like Anderson could be considered a dark horse...young, fairly small with some talent and probably a year away, but no way would I consider Owen one.

I don't think in any way is Owen Co. a dark horse. As a matter of fact, I think they are the pre-season favorite. Maybe someone like Anderson could be considered a dark horse...young, fairly small with some talent and probably a year away, but no way would I consider Owen one.

Good. I'd like to see Owen County follow through and make it to Rupp. I've seen people on here be critical of their schedule and their ability to defeat some of the bigger schools in the 8th in the postseason.

Good. I'd like to see Owen County follow through and make it to Rupp. I've seen people on here be critical of their schedule and their ability to defeat some of the bigger schools in the 8th in the postseason.

If they are going to do it, this is their year. I think the supporting cast is good enough, and they have the biggest star in the 8th that can help carry them to the finish line on those nights he needs to.

Schedule is definitely nothing to write home about...playing in the King of the Bluegrass, might see some competition there. Would have liked to have seen them schedule a little tougher for sure, but think they can get by with it.