Preseason favorite per region?

I noticed most of you picked Dunbar to win the 11th. What else do they have returning other than Darius Williams? I know Henry Clay will have one of the best back courts in the state with Isaiah Tisdale and Leander Ridgeway. I expect Henry Clay to be in the top two in the region what does the rest of Dunbars team look like? Is there any other teams in the region who might be contenders.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed most of you picked Dunbar to win the 11th. What else do they have returning other than Darius Williams? I know Henry Clay will have one of the best back courts in the state with Isaiah Tisdale and Leander Ridgeway. I expect Henry Clay to be in the top two in the region what does the rest of Dunbars team look like? Is there any other teams in the region who might be contenders.

Dunbar returns Tay Hollingsworth(easily one of the top juniors in the state) also and will have a team that will be led heavily by 6 seniors including Darius Williams and Jordan Lewis. If the can survive their district tournament they'll be a tough out in the region tournament.

As always LexCath will be a force and Lafayette has a good mixture of experience and youth that will make them a top team in the state as well.

Sounds like another strong and competitive season in the 11th. It sounds like Dunbar will be better than I realized. I really like the backcourt of Henry clay. Lafayette sounds good too. What exactly does lex cath have this year. I know they'll be a tough team regardless. They always are.

Back to the topic,

1.) Murray

2.) Christian County

3.) Owensboro

4.) Bowling Green

5.) Taylor County

6.) Fern Creek

7.) Trinity

8.) Oldham County

9.) Covington Catholic

10.) Campbell County

11.) Dunbar

12.) Mercer County

13.) Clay County

14.) Perry County

15.) Lawrence County

16.) Rowan County

as far as region 2 I believe that Christian County is the team to beat, but Hoptown is a close second. I don't think anyone else in the region is close to those two teams.

I'm not sure why Rowan is getting all the love in the 16th??? Lost their leading scorer and another integral starter.

Sounds like another strong and competitive season in the 11th. It sounds like Dunbar will be better than I realized. I really like the backcourt of Henry clay. Lafayette sounds good too. What exactly does lex cath have this year. I know they'll be a tough team regardless. They always are.

Lafayette, Dunbar and HC are the top 3. I think LCA, Scott County and Lex Cath each have an outside shot as well, with LCA being my sleeper.

I like the hollingsworth kid to .

Who are the players to watch in the region

Which Region? Different people on this site have different levels of expertise depending on geography. If you are a little more specific Im sure you will find what you are looking for. I know some about the 12th, 13th, 14th, and 16th but primarily cover the 15th (hence the screen name).

Has Fern Creek added some new players? I'm a little surprised everyone is picking them over Bullitt East when Bullitt East won both games last year & they didn't lose anyone. BE goes 9-10 deep this year as well which was one of their weak points last season. Admittedly I am a little biased on this one . I do think it will be all BE & FC in the 6th!! I have a high admiration for the coaching staff at Fern Creek so I know they will bring it.