Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sorority Recruitment Video Objectifying?

Featured Replies

And none of it should be an issue if women are doing it on their own free will. Just because some women don't like it ' date=' does not mean all women feel the same. Neither opinion should matter any more than the other.[/quote']

 

Who is saying otherwise?

  • Replies 101
  • Views 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They can express an opinion, right?

 

They aren't just expressing their opinions. They shame the girls involved as if they are lesser women and demand apologies.

 

It's one thing to disagree it's another to demand everyone to agree with you.

They aren't just expressing their opinions. They shame the girls involved as if they are lesser women and demand apologies. It's one thing to disagree it's another to demand everyone to agree with you.

 

Who demanded?

I found I was

offended more after each time I watched it. By the 7th time I was totally appalled. That video is atrocious.

 

From a males perspective it's certainly hard to watch.....

If the females in the video are okay with it, and they were as they were in the video and were not being forced to do it, who cares? As LB stated, those offended should worry about themselves and not what other females want to do.

 

They sold me, where do I sign up? :)

And they like to take lots and lots of pictures, with the "one hand stuck on their hip pose.":lol2:

This is so true! Just finished sending 3 kids through college. I smiled every time I looked at their Facebook photos. The girls ALWAYS have the one hand on the hip pose. Now I am looking at my nieces photos, and it is the same.

 

As far as the video goes, seems quite harmless. Plenty of real injustices going on all over the world and THIS makes news?

As far as the video goes, seems quite harmless. Plenty of real injustices going on all over the world and THIS makes news?

 

Easier to moan and groan about this than focus attention on real problems.

...and the witch-hunt on Greek like continues...smh

I've watched this 8-9 times now (just to make sure). I'm still not offended.

I've watched this 8-9 times now (just to make sure). I'm still not offended.

 

Probably need a few more viewings just to be safe....

I must be missing something in the video...

 

What part was objectifying women?

I must be missing something in the video...

 

What part was objectifying women?

 

I guess it depends on your definition.

 

When the emphasis of the video is looks and bodies that qualifies for me.

I am trying to figure out what stereotypes they chose to not include in this video.

 

All white? Check

Pretty girls only ? Check

Big blonde hair? Check

Mansion? Check

Booty shot? Check

Bikini bodies? Check

Blowing kisses? Check

No fat girls? Check

 

That's almost a clean sweep of stereotypes. BMWs must have been in the shop that day.

 

And for the record, it's a private organization so they can do what they want and will get no ill will from me. This, though, doesn't help the image of sororities.

Everyone is so offended...

 

Its the sorority's video, let them make it how they want! #TSM

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.