Sorority Recruitment Video Objectifying?

Bert

And none of it should be an issue if women are doing it on their own free will. Just because some women don't like it ' date=' does not mean all women feel the same. Neither opinion should matter any more than the other.[/quote']

Who is saying otherwise?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They aren't just expressing their opinions. They shame the girls involved as if they are lesser women and demand apologies. It's one thing to disagree it's another to demand everyone to agree with you.

Who demanded?

And they like to take lots and lots of pictures, with the "one hand stuck on their hip pose.":lol2:

This is so true! Just finished sending 3 kids through college. I smiled every time I looked at their Facebook photos. The girls ALWAYS have the one hand on the hip pose. Now I am looking at my nieces photos, and it is the same.

As far as the video goes, seems quite harmless. Plenty of real injustices going on all over the world and THIS makes news?

I am trying to figure out what stereotypes they chose to not include in this video.

All white? Check

Pretty girls only ? Check

Big blonde hair? Check

Mansion? Check

Booty shot? Check

Bikini bodies? Check

Blowing kisses? Check

No fat girls? Check

That's almost a clean sweep of stereotypes. BMWs must have been in the shop that day.

And for the record, it's a private organization so they can do what they want and will get no ill will from me. This, though, doesn't help the image of sororities.