Sorority Recruitment Video Objectifying?

Bert

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So who is really offended by this? Just because the internet/media tells us that? I don't see anyone in this thread who is offended at all.

There are women, adult women, who are fighting a battle that says to the world to look at women for who they are and what their abilities are vs how pretty they are, how nice their rack is, or how round their booty is.

That's not an unreasonable request IMO. Those women are the ones who are offended by this. It hurts a just cause.

No one enjoys attractive women more than me but I also have a wife and daughter who I want people to look at with respect and for who they are.

I get why some are bothered.

There are women' date=' adult women, who are fighting a battle that says to the world to look at women for who they are and what their abilities are vs how pretty they are, how nice their rack is, or how round their booty is. That's not an unreasonable request IMO. Those women are the ones who are offended by this. It hurts a just cause. No one enjoys attractive women more than me but I also have a wife and daughter who I want people to look at with respect and for who they are. I get why some are bothered.[/quote']

They should be offended by the girls posting half-naked selfies on social media (and accruing hundreds of thousands worth of followers), not a couple college girls having fun & making a recruitment video.

They should be offended by the girls posting half-naked selfies on social media (and accruing hundreds of thousands worth of followers), not a couple college girls having fun & making a recruitment video.

It's all the same issue. Same message.

There are women, adult women, who are fighting a battle that says to the world to look at women for who they are and what their abilities are vs how pretty they are, how nice their rack is, or how round their booty is.

That's not an unreasonable request IMO. Those women are the ones who are offended by this. It hurts a just cause.

No one enjoys attractive women more than me but I also have a wife and daughter who I want people to look at with respect and for who they are.

I get why some are bothered.

But why should those women have any say how all women should act. They should worry about themselves

It's all the same issue. Same message.

And none of it should be an issue if women are doing it on their own free will. Just because some women don't like it , does not mean all women feel the same. Neither opinion should matter any more than the other.

If you changed the song to Florida Georgia Line and had those guys pop in a few scenes, this would have been on CMT and no issues, except for Bro Country haters.

Its all because people want to try and dictate how fraternities and sororities should behave and/or how diverse they should be.