Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sorority Recruitment Video Objectifying?

Featured Replies

There are "all Black" fraternities and sororities at most colleges. Are you offended by that too or is that ok?

 

I am not offended by any fraternities/sororities so what is your point?

  • Replies 101
  • Views 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is it a big deal? No.

 

Is it shocking that there's a lack of diversity? No.

 

Is it objectifying of females? Of course it is.

 

It was only a few beers and a dog short of a Spuds McKenzie Bud Light commercial.

It was only a few beers and a dog short of a Spuds McKenzie Bud Light commercial.

 

Well done, sir.

 

Add in girls jumping on a trampoline and you've got a viral Facebook video.

I am not offended by any fraternities/sororities so what is your point?

 

I misunderstood what you were saying. My bad :thumb:

I misunderstood what you were saying. My bad :thumb:

 

No sweat.

So who is really offended by this? Just because the internet/media tells us that? I don't see anyone in this thread who is offended at all.

So who is really offended by this? Just because the internet/media tells us that? I don't see anyone in this thread who is offended at all.

 

There are women, adult women, who are fighting a battle that says to the world to look at women for who they are and what their abilities are vs how pretty they are, how nice their rack is, or how round their booty is.

 

That's not an unreasonable request IMO. Those women are the ones who are offended by this. It hurts a just cause.

 

No one enjoys attractive women more than me but I also have a wife and daughter who I want people to look at with respect and for who they are.

 

I get why some are bothered.

I'd also be bothered if I was the national arm of the sorority. Read the sorority website about who they are and none of it is reflected in that "recruiting" video.

There are women' date=' adult women, who are fighting a battle that says to the world to look at women for who they are and what their abilities are vs how pretty they are, how nice their rack is, or how round their booty is. That's not an unreasonable request IMO. Those women are the ones who are offended by this. It hurts a just cause. No one enjoys attractive women more than me but I also have a wife and daughter who I want people to look at with respect and for who they are. I get why some are bothered.[/quote']

 

They should be offended by the girls posting half-naked selfies on social media (and accruing hundreds of thousands worth of followers), not a couple college girls having fun & making a recruitment video.

They should be offended by the girls posting half-naked selfies on social media (and accruing hundreds of thousands worth of followers), not a couple college girls having fun & making a recruitment video.

 

It's all the same issue. Same message.

There are women, adult women, who are fighting a battle that says to the world to look at women for who they are and what their abilities are vs how pretty they are, how nice their rack is, or how round their booty is.

 

That's not an unreasonable request IMO. Those women are the ones who are offended by this. It hurts a just cause.

 

No one enjoys attractive women more than me but I also have a wife and daughter who I want people to look at with respect and for who they are.

 

I get why some are bothered.

 

But why should those women have any say how all women should act. They should worry about themselves

It's all the same issue. Same message.

 

And none of it should be an issue if women are doing it on their own free will. Just because some women don't like it , does not mean all women feel the same. Neither opinion should matter any more than the other.

This video is Rated G compared to so many rap videos out there. Hell, the Thong Song was probably #1 on TRL for 4-5 weeks in a row back in the day.

If you changed the song to Florida Georgia Line and had those guys pop in a few scenes, this would have been on CMT and no issues, except for Bro Country haters.

 

Its all because people want to try and dictate how fraternities and sororities should behave and/or how diverse they should be.

But why should those women have any say how all women should act. They should worry about themselves

 

They can express an opinion, right?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.