Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sorority Recruitment Video Objectifying?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 101
  • Views 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alpha Phi.

 

I swear it's always Alpha Phi...

Girls just wanna have fun. Get over it. No harm, no foul.

Are you kidding me? It's college girls having fun. I must warn folks though, sorority girls like to smile, have fun, wear bikinis at times and....well...act like females. When will this overdone PC bull-lony stop?

 

By the way, I was at UK this past Sunday and there were TONS of young ladies checking out the sororities. My wife and I decided to have some Canes and the place was packed so we had to sit in the middle of a group of about 20 young ladies. My wife and I were having a ball listening and talking to them about campus life, searching for apartments, and life in general. They were all beautiful intelligent young ladies.

Always an uproar. People need to calm down.

Those offended by this probably weren't the targeted demographic and need to get over themselves.

 

After actually watch the video, I'm a little shocked that's all it was.

Like MJ said, It's nothing.

 

Although after seeing the video I'm certainly intrigued....

Journalist Clay Travis has an article that I don't think I could agree more with, but there is quite a bit of language in it, so I won't post it.

Always an uproar. People need to calm down.

 

I seem to remember you saying you still party with college kids. What's your sorority world experience tell you about them as a group?

Are you kidding me? It's college girls having fun. I must warn folks though, sorority girls like to smile, have fun, wear bikinis at times and....well...act like females. When will this overdone PC bull-lony stop?

And they like to take lots and lots of pictures, with the "one hand stuck on their hip pose.":lol2:

Is it a big deal? No.

 

Is it shocking that there's a lack of diversity? No.

 

Is it objectifying of females? Of course it is.

Is it a big deal? No.

 

Is it shocking that there's a lack of diversity? No.

 

Is it objectifying of females? Of course it is.

 

Am I fine with it? Yes I am

I found I was

offended more after each time I watched it. By the 7th time I was totally appalled. That video is atrocious.

Am I fine with it? Yes I am

 

If the goal was to reinforce stereotypes then it succeeded.

Is it a big deal? No.

 

Is it shocking that there's a lack of diversity? No.

 

Is it objectifying of females? Of course it is.

 

There are "all Black" fraternities and sororities at most colleges. Are you offended by that too or is that ok?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.