Jared Lorenzen offers services to Jets

It was actually a broken leg - tibia to be exact. I thought he was on record that he was finished playing football.

Here it is.

Ex-NFL QB Jared Lorenzen's lifelong battle with weight

"Early in the second quarter of the River Monsters' next game, Lorenzen was scrambling when a defender came at him head-on. Lorenzen got low. The defender got lower. The hit broke Lorenzen's tibia and ruptured ankle ligaments. Now he's got six screws and a plate in his lower leg and a long scar running down the outside. He says he's finished, for good. He's 33 years old, and for the first time since he was 5, Lorenzen has no plans to play football."

I wake up in the morning, look up at the sky, and say, "Why Not?"

Please make this happen, God. I really don't ask for much. How much worse than Ryan Fitzpatrick could he possibly be for a team that's already going to be atrociously awful? If nothing else, he opens up the running game.

This is a publicity stunt to get more exposure for his Throwboy T-Shirt line and very smart if you ask me. He knows there will never be another snap but keeping his name alive is the name of the game when marketing product.

He has been tweeting and FB posting about his shirts like 10-15 times a day. Does anyone know if he still has his day job working for Pro-Copy or alis he just running his T-Shirt biz. Just curious.