Chicago

price499

My favorite trips to Chicago have always centered around exploring the neighborhoods and finding little taverns and cafes to eat. Amazing food in Chicago. I love Greek Town. Really love the whole area along and North of Halstead and Madison. I don't remember the name of it, but the last time I was in Chicago I stayed at The Silversmith on Wabash, and a few blocks away was a 3 story Italian restaurant with a different "feel" to every floor, for example one floor was fine dining, one was casual.

Lou Malnatti's - Best pizza

Hugo's Frog Bar is one of my favorite restaurants.

Museum of Science and Industry

River boat architecture tour.

Normally Kingston Mines would be my first choice for blues, but, since Buddy Guy just released an album, I'm betting he'll be on stage quite a bits at Buddy Guys Legends.

I'm partial to Portillo's Italian Beef sandwiches, and their fries are awesome. I recommend wet w/ sweet peppers and cheddar.

You can get a good hotdog just about anywhere, but you need to get a Chicago Dog.

Billy Goat Tavern is a land mark. It was immortalized by SNL "cheeseborger, cheeseborger, cheeseborger, chips, chips, chips, no coke Pepsi" always worth a stop. And, they have Schlitz on tap, everybody should have a Schlitz once in their life.

Howl at the Moon is a good dueling piano bar.

Of course if the Cubs are in town, go to Wrigley. Down load the Gametime ap on your phone, you'll get tickets fairly reasonably. In Wrigleyville we like Houndstouth and Gingerman's the best, but the Cubbybear is the most famous. Houndstouth serves 40's and they usually have one on special for $5. Always good to get a pic of you and your friends drinking 40's at the bar.

Mother Hubbard's is good sports bar. Good pub food.

I agree with what some one else said. Go to the Signature Room at the Hancock Building and have a sunset cocktail. Word filter won't let me put it's nickname "Top of the Hancock", but without the Han.

Joe's is a really good country bar, brings in some top notch acts. I've seen Sundy Best there twice, Corey Smith, and Sturgill Simpson.

Edited by coldweatherfan

My favorite trips to Chicago have always centered around exploring the neighborhoods and finding little taverns and cafes to eat. Amazing food in Chicago. I love Greek Town. Really love the whole area along and North of Halstead and Madison. I don't remember the name of it' date=' but the last time I was in Chicago I stayed at The Silversmith on Wabash, and a few blocks away was a 3 story Italian restaurant with a different "feel" to every floor, for example one floor was fine dining, one was casual.[/quote']

A great Italian place is Rosebud's.