Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cincinnati protest/riot watch

Featured Replies

I have seen several videos from an officer's body cam recently that were crystal clear -- as clear as my HDTV.

 

Was there "tactical" movement and/or some type of altercation in any of them?

  • Replies 307
  • Views 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

 

He started majoring in the minors which served to escalate the situation instead of focusing on the best enforcement/exit strategy.

 

Can you explain what you mean here? I'm not following.

Was there "tactical" movement and/or some type of altercation in any of them?

 

No sir, but I was very impressed with the video quality.

No reason to shoot IMO whatsoever. I agree with Deters, absolutely deserves to be charged with murder. I just hope that since he's been charged and arrested there will be no riots. My son works downtown, so I worry.

CNN has show the video several times.

Cincinnati will have a curfew tonight.

Only thing the officer should do is spend the rest of his life behind bars. Cold-blooded murder.

 

I associate cold-blooded murder as being pre meditated and not getting that at all from the video. Everything just goes to hell in that one shaky camera moment. I just don't see an officer doing that on camera without the tiniest of something we're not seeing. If he shot him in the head to kill him because he didn't like his skin color,etc. your cold blooded murder reference would be more warranted. Only the officer knows those answers, I guess.

Family Attorney: "We have to stop having cops that think it's better to cover for another cop than to tell the truth."

 

Amen.

I associate cold-blooded murder as being pre meditated and not getting that at all from the video. Everything just goes to hell in that one shaky camera moment. I just don't see an officer doing that on camera without the tiniest of something we're not seeing. If he shot him in the head to kill him because he didn't like his skin color,etc. your cold blooded murder reference would be more warranted. Only the officer knows those answers, I guess.

 

I'm sorry, but you know exactly what the outcome is going to be when you pull a gun and fire it at point blank range at someone's head.

Very powerful words from the black leadership. I don't think anyone could do more to help prevent violence. Hope it works.

Can you explain what you mean here? I'm not following.

 

In short, the guy obviously (probably) didn't have his license with him so instead of inflaming that fact the officer needed to move on to the next phase of dealing with a motorist that appears to be suspended with no license in possession. One is inflammatory (the path the officer chose) and the other can be presented in such a way to have a calming effect on the overall interaction between the officer and the motorist.

 

This is something a good Field Training Program would take care of the first few weeks/months an officer is on the street learning how to be a police officer.

I have watched more and I do see where he fell down and I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that DuBose was trying to pull off and the officer panicked. Pulled gun too quickly. Ultimately I think you'll see him go down on manslaughter. It's such a sad situation. A man, who regardless of his past and history, had a family who loved him and now they are in pain and his life is over and a 25 year old man will spend some, if not all, of his most productive years in prison. It's just tragic.

Have the said if there was a weapon found in the car? I havent heard either way, might have missed it.

In short, the guy obviously (probably) didn't have his license with him so instead of inflaming that fact the officer needed to move on to the next phase of dealing with a motorist that appears to be suspended with no license in possession. One is inflammatory (the path the officer chose) and the other can be presented in such a way to have a calming effect on the overall interaction between the officer and the motorist.

 

This is something a good Field Training Program would take care of the first few weeks/months an officer is on the street learning how to be a police officer.

 

Would you have opened the door like the officer did?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.