Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cincinnati protest/riot watch

Featured Replies

  • Author
100% deserves to be charged. Cincinnati has handled it well.

 

If I'm being honest, I don't sense the officer being aggressive or condescending at all. It just escalates so quickly. He pulls on the door, DuBose starts to pull off and bam. way too quick. Very unnecessary. I dont see an intent to murder though...just very stupid, immature, senseless panic. 100% negligent and criminal. But I don't feel as though Tensing was intent on murder. Regardless, there was zero need for a man to die. Cincinnati is handling itself well...so far.

 

No intent to murder? He shot him in the head! That's not exactly a flesh wound. Plus, the officer lied in attempt to cover himself.

  • Replies 307
  • Views 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if a body cam will be part of a cop's everyday gear or will it "disappear" so it can't provide incriminating evidence?

  • Author
I'm talking about the officer who witnessed the event.

 

Sorry, he first sentence was about the cop who shot the man, he flat out lied.

 

The officer who did not shoot, I believe he wasn't able to view exactly what happened.

  • Author
I wonder if a body cam will be part of a cop's everyday gear or will it "disappear" so it can't provide incriminating evidence?

 

As Deters said, 9 times out of 10 body cams clear officers.

Sorry, he first sentence was about the cop who shot the man, he flat out lied.

 

The officer who did not shoot, I believe he wasn't able to view exactly what happened.

 

My statement "or he lied" was about the second officer (the witness).

 

I was saying it's possible he saw the aftermath and thought the shooter was being dragged (maybe he fell down after the shooting). Or...he lied.

I wonder if a body cam will be part of a cop's everyday gear or will it "disappear" so it can't provide incriminating evidence?

 

It will become more and more common. I believe most police departments and administration officials will support it.

What I'm saying is I don't think the officer though "I'm going to murder this guy," at any point prior to the moment he pulled his gun and shot. I think he panicked, is an immature cop, shouldn't have been in that position and was incredibly negligent and not fit to handle that situation at all.

Didn't look like to me the officer ever was off his feet, but the camera was shaking quite a bit right after the shot.

 

At the trial I was at yesterday. The first officer turned on his camera but after he had been to the scene for a few minutes. Second officer said his battery was dead. First officer said it is actually hard to remember to turn it on. First of all, the type he has requires you to take you eye off of the situation for a split second, that could be dangerous. Secondly he gave an example of a few nights ago. He was first on the scene of the boat that over turned in the Ohio. Pulled under the bridge and heard people yelling from the water. Rushed to save them, never thought about turning on the camera. He was too concerned about trying to save lives.

We have decided to invent a camera that automatically turns on upon exiting the cruiser. Lot's to chat about during deliberation.

^I find it hard to believe that we couldn't manufacture a battery/camera that could stay on the whole time.

At the trial I was at yesterday. The first officer turned on his camera but after he had been to the scene for a few minutes. Second officer said his battery was dead. First officer said it is actually hard to remember to turn it on. First of all' date=' the type he has requires you to take you eye off of the situation for a split second, that could be dangerous. Secondly he gave an example of a few nights ago. He was first on the scene of the boat that over turned in the Ohio. Pulled under the bridge and heard people yelling from the water. Rushed to save them, never thought about turning on the camera. He was too concerned about trying to save lives. We have decided to invent a camera that automatically turns on upon exiting the cruiser. Lot's to chat about during deliberation.[/quote']

 

 

All valid concerns.

I assume second degree murder charges? What is the OH penalty for that?

It will become more and more common. I believe most police departments and administration officials will support it.

 

I agree, but why do cops go crazy when they are filmed? They only want the video when it protects them. When it's bad they lie just like any other criminal.

What would you like to see?

 

More clarity.

 

From experience, video is not always an accurate representation. Two dimensions vs. three dimensions and all the moving that the camera can't keep up with.

 

Here is to hoping that body camera technology improves GREATLY so that we have better evidence in the future.

 

And I am not in any way defending the officer, I think the officer should try to work some type of "mental malfunction" plea in the case.

@theguru what important parts did the video not capture? Seemed pretty clear to me.

 

I would like to see a professional version of the video where it is in slow motion so we can all see it better.

 

Maybe it is just my own expectations were not met, I was expecting 100% closure with the video, I only got about 95%.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.