Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cincinnati protest/riot watch

Featured Replies

I agree, but why do cops go crazy when they are filmed? They only want the video when it protects them. When it's bad they lie just like any other criminal.

 

No doubt but since the officers doing it right far outnumber those who might not I would think they would want the protection from false accusations.

  • Replies 307
  • Views 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

 

I think the officer should try to work some type of "mental malfunction" plea in the case.

 

Only thing the officer should do is spend the rest of his life behind bars. Cold-blooded murder.

I would like to see a professional version of the video where it is in slow motion so we can all see it better.

 

Maybe it is just my own expectations were not met, I was expecting 100% closure with the video, I only got about 95%.

 

It was definitely rough in some areas, but the most damming aspect of it IMO was that it was crystal clear that DuBose was not acting in even the slightest bit of a threatening manner. Uncooperative? Absolutely. Not threatening though.

What he was stopped for isn't the issue IMO. Whether or not the Officer committed murder is the issue.

 

That's exactly the issue! No one would be in this situation if a bored campus cop wasn't looking for who shot Kennedy.

  • Author
My statement "or he lied" was about the second officer (the witness).

 

I was saying it's possible he saw the aftermath and thought the shooter was being dragged (maybe he fell down after the shooting). Or...he lied.

 

Ok, then I say the second officer did not lie, I would say you are correct about what he saw and how he saw it. When the question came up it didn't sound like Deters was too concerned about the second officer.

It was definitely rough in some areas, but the most damming aspect of it IMO was that it was crystal clear that DuBose was not acting in even the slightest bit of a threatening manner. Uncooperative? Absolutely. Not threatening though.

 

I agree.

 

I am trying to see the incident through everyone's eyes independently and the video doesn't allow for a completion of that.

Only thing the officer should do is spend the rest of his life behind bars. Cold-blooded murder.

 

With the video going haywire I can't totally agree with you.

 

I am pretty sure from his demeanor change something negative was going on his brain and he went off the rails. Manslaughter for sure, murder I am not 100% sure.

  • Author
I assume second degree murder charges? What is the OH penalty for that?

 

Ohio doesn't have that.

With the video going haywire I can't totally agree with you.

 

I am pretty sure from his demeanor change something negative was going on his brain and he went off the rails. Manslaughter for sure, murder I am not 100% sure.

 

I honestly didn't see a demeanor change. He seemed calm when he asked for him to take his seatbelt off, and then, bang, gun drawn and shot fired.

With the video going haywire I can't totally agree with you. I am pretty sure from his demeanor change something negative was going on his brain and he went off the rails. Manslaughter for sure' date=' murder I am not 100% sure.[/quote']

 

Profiled then killed this guy over a front license plate that was in the dash.

  • Author
Thanks.

 

That is why Deters said they backed it up with manslaughter

Confirmation from UC President Santa Ohno: Officer Tensing has been terminated by UC and the police department.

I honestly didn't see a demeanor change. He seemed calm when he asked for him to take his seatbelt off, and then, bang, gun drawn and shot fired.

 

Go back to when he first approached him and listen to his speech pattern/demeanor. In instantly struck me both times but then again I did that for a living as both an officer and a Field Training Officer.

 

He started majoring in the minors which served to escalate the situation instead of focusing on the best enforcement/exit strategy.

 

Here is to hoping that body camera technology improves GREATLY so that we have better evidence in the future.

 

 

I have seen several videos from an officer's body cam recently that were crystal clear -- as clear as my HDTV.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.