Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Several Kentucky county clerks defy same-sex marriage ruling.

Featured Replies

The founders did not want a Church of England as the only religion in the country; however, they most definitely wanted religion to be the spiritual driving force.

 

Otherwise, why pray in a foxhole?

 

Many people in the time period of the nation's birth were Deist (one who believes in the existence of God but denies revealed religion; a freethinker).

They certainly didn't want religion to be a "driving force". They were very close to being what we would consider agnostic by today's definition.

  • Replies 284
  • Views 24.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hmmmmmmmmm........... you can't actually think that can you? The Bible has been around a lot longer than the supreme court and has survived countless attempts of assassination. Generally speaking, people (including even myself) are much more flawed in, every aspect of life, then the Bible.

 

I think we all need to question everything, including the Bible.

I think we all need to question everything, including the Bible.

 

Even though you are a Guru, I question what you just said.

 

How'd I do?

Even though you are a Guru, I question what you just said.

 

How'd I do?

 

Perfect!

Saw this on twitter:

 

Bluegrass Politics ‏@BGPolitics 5m5 minutes ago

 

Morehead State U. professor to be among plaintiffs in ACLU lawsuit against Rowan County clerk seeking marriage licenses. More to come. ^JC

I think we all need to question everything, including the Bible.

 

Why? Why do we need to question everything? I am not a simple sheep but I do not feel it is necessary to question everything?

^ I dunno, PP1, did you notice how many question marks you used in your post?

I think we all need to question everything, including the Bible.

 

I've always felt the same way but people shame you if you do so and claim to be a Christian/Catholic/Follower of God. From a practical standpoint the Bible was written by people known as the "journalists" of their time. My brain asks why I should trust those "journalists" any more than the "journalists" I am supposed to trust today. When people put their pen on paper they have an agenda. I don't care who it is or what they are writing. When they are writing they want you to believe them. No one today can talk to any of those "journalists" who wrote the Bible and all we have is our faith that they provided an accurate and agenda-free account of what happen when Jesus was alive.

 

What if the Bible was written by descendants of MSNBC or FOX?

 

 

Then what.........

I've always felt the same way but people shame you if you do so and claim to be a Christian/Catholic/Follower of God. From a practical standpoint the Bible was written by people known as the "journalists" of their time. My brain asks why I should trust those "journalists" any more than the "journalists" I am supposed to trust today. When people put their pen on paper they have an agenda. I don't care who it is or what they are writing. When they are writing they want you to believe them. No one today can talk to any of those "journalists" who wrote the Bible and all we have is our faith that they provided an accurate and agenda-free account of what happen when Jesus was alive.

 

What if the Bible was written by descendants of MSNBC or FOX?

 

 

Then what.........

 

PP, I think it comes down to whether the words written in the Bible were God breathed or not. I personally believe they are. Some of the accounts of Jesus were written by many years apart by different writers. Plus, the accounts of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John were nearly identical with each providing different details. Watergate proved that it's nearly impossible to get 4 different people to tell the same story.:lol2:

 

I'm way ok with questioning anything and everything, I know I'm guilty. You (not you in particular but just in general) have to have and open mind to the answers.

PP, I think it comes down to whether the words written in the Bible were God breathed or not. I personally believe they are. Some of the accounts of Jesus were written by many years apart by different writers. Plus, the accounts of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John were nearly identical with each providing different details. Watergate proved that it's nearly impossible to get 4 different people to tell the same story.:lol2:

 

I'm way ok with questioning anything and everything, I know I'm guilty. You (not you in particular but just in general) have to have and open mind to the answers.

 

Absolutely. And answers like yours help that process. I naturally question everything and I simply can't help it. :lol2:

 

For example, how do we know one person didn't write Matthew, Mark, Luke and John's accounts and make it look like 4 different people wrote it? It still comes down to faith. The next question becomes how strong is your faith to believe those are 4 different accounts? That is between each individual person and God.

Absolutely. And answers like yours help that process. I naturally question everything and I simply can't help it. :lol2:

 

For example, how do we know one person didn't write Matthew, Mark, Luke and John's accounts and make it look like 4 different people wrote it? It still comes down to faith. The next question becomes how strong is your faith to believe those are 4 different accounts? That is between each individual person and God.

 

It's all faith to some degree. I think it would take more faith to believe that one person could tell the same story 4 different times, with subtle details and in 4 distinct writing style. It's possible but highly unlikely

After some thoughts and reflection here are my feelings.

 

I don't agree with the homosexual lifestyle. It is my personal belief that it is morally wrong. With that said if two homosexuals live together or get married it really effects my no differently. What really rubs me the wrong way is the way this administration continues to ram issues down our throats.

 

Does that make sense or am I missing something?

 

I agree with your thoughts 95% or more, but this discussion of whether it effects you or not is where the argument is lost. If i decided to marry a rhinoceros it also would make no difference in your life, but it is not therefore okay.

Marijuana is still illegal according to federal law in Colorado. The state law didn't change that. Federal authorities have chosen not to pursue the matter--but they could change their minds at any time.

 

Precisely-so our great federal Government decides which laws they will enforce and which ones they will not. Face it, it is the wild west now. We live in the Kardashian age.

Its not. My reasoning behind this is when each state put this to vote is same sex marriage was voted down. From that history tells us that when your vote or opinion does not count anymore then there are problems coming. Just a little common sense.

 

The issue is people think we live in a pure democracy and we don't. This country is a democratic republic and we have a right to vote for elected officials who we hope have our best interest at heart. We do not have a right to vote on every issue.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.