July 5, 201511 yr When people file for divorce wouldn't that be against the beliefs of these same clerks that refuse grant marriage licenses now? Don't clerks process divorce papers? There are Scriptural alllowances for divorce, and I would imagine it's easier to identify a homosexual marriage than an unbiblical divorce. Having said that, your overall point is a good one--that some Christians treat homosexual sin in a different manner than heterosexual sin.
July 5, 201511 yr There are Scriptural alllowances for divorce, and I would imagine it's easier to identify a homosexual marriage than an unbiblical divorce. Having said that, your overall point is a good one--that some Christians treat homosexual sin in a different manner than heterosexual sin. That just rubs me the wrong way. This sin bothers me to the point I won't do my job but that other sin....hang on, I'll take care of you. :lol2: :no:
July 5, 201511 yr That just rubs me the wrong way. This sin bothers me to the point I won't do my job but that other sin....hang on, I'll take care of you. :lol2: :no: There are cafeteria Catholics, cafeteria Protestants, cafeteria Jews...
July 6, 201511 yr If certain local officials won't issue marriage licenses to same sex couples, how is that different from LA or San Francisco refusing to enforce federal immigration laws (safe havens)?
July 6, 201511 yr Against gay marriage...should be between a man and woman. With that said...it is the job of a county clerk to issue a marriage license. If they don't want to, that's fine...they just need to know they either have to resign or will be replaced. Protesting/civil disobedience usually comes with sacrifice. Can't have your cake and eat it too.
July 6, 201511 yr Against gay marriage...should be between a man and woman. With that said...it is the job of a county clerk to issue a marriage license. If they don't want to, that's fine...they just need to know they either have to resign or will be replaced. Protesting/civil disobedience usually comes with sacrifice. Can't have your cake and eat it too.
July 6, 201511 yr Christianity does not end when one leaves church. And the law isn't the sin either. And if the CC's don't want to issue them, they don't have to. They just won't be employed there and they shouldn't be surprised when confronted with that fact.
July 6, 201511 yr Christianity does not end when one leaves church. Hey 2745...do you believe that drinking (alcohol) and gambling are sins?
July 6, 201511 yr And the law isn't the sin either. And if the CC's don't want to issue them, they don't have to. They just won't be employed there and they shouldn't be surprised when confronted with that fact. They made a decision. I am proud of them.
July 6, 201511 yr Hey 2745...do you believe that drinking (alcohol) and gambling are sins? It doesn't matter what I believe is a sin. It only matter what God believes is a sin.
July 6, 201511 yr It doesn't matter what I believe is a sin. It only matter what God believes is a sin. Great point, so clerks should do their job and let God sort it out.
July 6, 201511 yr Great point, so clerks should do their job and let God sort it out. You are incorrect. The Holy Spirit is working inside of these individuals; therefore, they knew it to be a sin.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.