Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Several Kentucky county clerks defy same-sex marriage ruling.

Featured Replies

I would like to see this voted on for sure. My opinion seems like I may be in the minority with some, but if you put this to a real vote( it was and was turned down with over 70% of the vote in Kentucky) in the USA I think some would be surprised at the results, maybe even myself.

  • Replies 284
  • Views 24.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would like to see this voted on for sure. My opinion seems like I may be in the minority with some' date=' but if you put this to a real vote( it was and was turned down with over 70% of the vote in Kentucky) in the USA I think some would be surprised at the results, maybe even myself.[/quote']

 

We do agree that some rights are not to be voted on, correct?

We do agree that some rights are not to be voted on, correct?

 

Yes I certainly agree with that.

Yes I certainly agree with that.

 

 

Cool. The Supreme Court has said this is one of those rights.

 

What part of their basis for doing so do you disagree with? I apologize if you have answered this previuosly.

I am not for Gay Marriage. Thats all. Just a opinion of mine . We all have them. That just happens to be mine.

I am not for Gay Marriage. Thats all. Just a opinion of mine . We all have them. That just happens to be mine.

 

I think we're all cool with that opinion. I disagree but I certainly get it.

 

I was just curious if you thought the SCOTUS made a legal mistake.

PP, I think it comes down to whether the words written in the Bible were God breathed or not. I personally believe they are. Some of the accounts of Jesus were written by many years apart by different writers. Plus, the accounts of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John were nearly identical with each providing different details. Watergate proved that it's nearly impossible to get 4 different people to tell the same story.:lol2:

 

I'm way ok with questioning anything and everything, I know I'm guilty. You (not you in particular but just in general) have to have and open mind to the answers.

 

Sorry Michael but I have to disagree on the second bolded. There are variances in the gospels and each written from a different theological perspective. John is the step child of them (most different) while the other three are called synoptics for a reason. Yet even they have different variations of similar stories.

 

As to the first bolded, the question is not as simple as "God Breathed." Some take that to mean "dictated" from God to these writers while others view it as God inspiring these writers to share God's message but through their talents and giftedness. (for example Paul could not write what Peter wrote and vice versa but both are inspired by God for what they did write and what was accepted as canon)

Threads like this show us we all have a lot of common ground.

 

Great stuff everyone!

I actually agree with your point but if he Supreme Court makes the decision who do you appeal too?

I've thought long and hard about this over the last week. I believe this is how I feel...I'm Christian and believe marriage should be one man and one woman, BUT I don't think it's up to me to judge anyone so I believe every man and woman can make his/her choice. I think the county clerks are required to do their jobs and they should leave the judging up to the main man upstairs (if that's what they believe in).

When people file for divorce wouldn't that be against the beliefs of these same clerks that refuse grant marriage licenses now? Don't clerks process divorce papers?

When people file for divorce wouldn't that be against the beliefs of these same clerks that refuse grant marriage licenses now? Don't clerks process divorce papers?

 

That's a good point and question. Do the same clerks file divorce petitions?

 

If your Catholic the church already doesn't recognize any marriage outside the church. So if any of these clerks are Catholic really nothing has changed.

Pulaski Judge-Exec has decided he will no longer preside over any marriages in his office.

Pulaski Judge-Exec has decided he will no longer preside over any marriages in his office.

 

That's unfortunate for all people trying to get married by the JOP in Pulaski County. Same question for him though.....has he granted divorces or do those escape his belief system?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.