Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Several Kentucky county clerks defy same-sex marriage ruling.

Featured Replies

It doesn't matter what I believe is a sin.

 

It only matter what God believes is a sin.

 

Not what I asked. It's really pretty simple, either yes or no, they are or aren't sins..

  • Replies 284
  • Views 24.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not what I asked. It's really pretty simple' date=' either yes or no, they are or aren't sins..[/quote']

 

Card does not ever go on record.

Casey County clerk has stopped issuing marriage licenses.

Card does not ever go on record.

 

I've noticed that.

Casey County clerk has stopped issuing marriage licenses.

 

And the town of Liberty is having a rally outside of city hall in support of Casey Davis.

If they are not doing their job then they need to be told they are being replaced.

I admire them for standing up for what they believe in.

 

That being said, they need to be dismissed.

I have a question. I know it may be minimal but does the county or the state get the fee for the marriage license?

 

TBH if it's all state then it should be all online anyway. But that also means maybe a job for someone.

There are way too many counties in Kentucky, for what it's worth.

I admire them for standing up for what they believe in.

 

That being said, they need to be dismissed.

 

The County Clerk can't just be dismissed. He/she is an elected official. Lot more to having them removed than dismissing them.

The County Clerk can't just be dismissed. He/she is an elected official. Lot more to having them removed than dismissing them.

 

Will this become a campaign issue for clerks? I mean, they obviously legally have to, but what would keep someone from getting votes in a rural area by saying that they will refuse same gender marriage requests?

Will this become a campaign issue for clerks? I mean, they obviously legally have to, but what would keep someone from getting votes in a rural area by saying that they will refuse same gender marriage requests?

 

I GUARANTEE that this will happen.

Will this become a campaign issue for clerks? I mean, they obviously legally have to, but what would keep someone from getting votes in a rural area by saying that they will refuse same gender marriage requests?

 

I would agree it will become a campaign issue. I can see this becoming quite a mess going forward.

Not disputing it may become a campaign issue, but that is not really an issue to evaluate the merits of those running, is it? "Vote for me because I will attempt to obstruct the law." They don't make policy, only enforce it. This would be like a County Sheriff running on the platform that they will not enforce speeding tickets because they don't believe they should exist.

Not disputing it may become a campaign issue, but that is not really an issue to evaluate the merits of those running, is it? "Vote for me because I will attempt to obstruct the law." They don't make policy, only enforce it. This would be like a County Sheriff running on the platform that they will not enforce speeding tickets because they don't believe they should exist.

 

I'd vote for that sheriff. For sure.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.