Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Shooting in Charleston, SC

Featured Replies

I think I know what you meant. They are blaming it on their support of a candidate, but when the SCOTUS rules gay marriage legal throughout the land they will go nuts, well, nuttier than they already are now.

 

 

In the immortal words of Victor Maitland (the bad guy in Beverly Hills Cop)...that would be a neat trick.

  • Replies 322
  • Views 22.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A+line+in+the+sand+4.jpg

 

Have you cast your lot with the Westboro folks?

Westboro is going to picket the funerals.

 

They say God sent the shooter because the church supported Hillary Clinton.

 

Great, as if there already isn't anything worse than a racist psycho...

This thread has taken the same sharp turn away from the issue as the real story. Watching the Today show this morning and the story had very little to do with the shooting and the psycho who did it ,but it has started to focus on the "stars and bars" flying above the SC Capitol.

 

I doubt that kid even knew that was there.

This thread has taken the same sharp turn away from the issue as the real story. Watching the Today show this morning and the story had very little to do with the shooting and the psycho who did it ,but it has started to focus on the "stars and bars" flying above the SC Capitol.

 

I doubt that kid even knew that was there.

 

Probably didn't notice that half the boys in his graduating class had a first and middle name combo of "Jefferson Davis."

Any word on why he targeted this specific Church? It's over 100 miles from his home...I'd guess if his goal was to just kill blacks he could have done that a little closer to home.

Seems to me as if he was targeting either this church or pastor for some reason.

 

If this has been covered I apologize...I've been on a self imposed news sabbatical for the last several days and haven't read or heard much about this since the initial shooting.

Any word on why he targeted this specific Church? It's over 100 miles from his home...I'd guess if his goal was to just kill blacks he could have done that a little closer to home.

Seems to me as if he was targeting either this church or pastor for some reason.

 

If this has been covered I apologize...I've been on a self imposed news sabbatical for the last several days and haven't read or heard much about this since the initial shooting.

 

I read something about it being one, if not, the oldest black church in S.C. as one of the reasons he chose it.

Any word on why he targeted this specific Church? It's over 100 miles from his home...I'd guess if his goal was to just kill blacks he could have done that a little closer to home.

Seems to me as if he was targeting either this church or pastor for some reason.

 

If this has been covered I apologize...I've been on a self imposed news sabbatical for the last several days and haven't read or heard much about this since the initial shooting.

 

Been reading about it. Mother Emanuel AME Church has a fascinating history. It's the oldest AME congregation, not just in South Carolina, but in the entire South. It was a gathering place and house of worship for much of Charleston's surprisingly large free black community in its first 50 years. It's not a coincidence that the attacker chose it.

 

Furthermore, my understanding is that even the date of the attack was the anniversary of Denmark Vesey's failed slave uprising of 1822, much of which was planned from Mother Emanuel Church.

 

Then in 1834, the state of South Carolina outlawed black churches completely and for over 30 years until the end of the Civil War, the congregation met in secret.

 

Just a remarkable history to that congregation.

Probably didn't notice that half the boys in his graduating class had a first and middle name combo of "Jefferson Davis."

 

:ohbrother: ok...South Carolina has a problem.

I have been impressed with the way that Charleston and the people of this city have handled this tragic violence. It's interesting that little has been noted or given coverage in the way that the churches and citizens have come together to heal and speak of justice and peace and love rather than revenge and retribution. I hope other cities and people take note.

I have been impressed with the way that Charleston and the people of this city have handled this tragic violence. It's interesting that little has been noted or given coverage in the way that the churches and citizens have come together to heal and speak of justice and peace and love rather than revenge and retribution. I hope other cities and people take note.

 

What are we comparing Charleston to?

What are we comparing Charleston to?

 

Perhaps apples to oranges. Some cities would take an obvious racist murder of innocents and denigrate into riots. Just my thoughts.

I have been impressed with the way that Charleston and the people of this city have handled this tragic violence. It's interesting that little has been noted or given coverage in the way that the churches and citizens have come together to heal and speak of justice and peace and love rather than revenge and retribution. I hope other cities and people take note.

 

I agree completely. One of my friends lives in Charleston and she has said that it is has been more eerie than outrage for the last week or so. It has to be a scary and difficult thing for the people who live there.

  • Author

Maybe for a new thread. But why does Tennessee have a bust of a confederate general at the state capital, who just happens to also be one of the founder of the kkk?

Maybe for a new thread. But why does Tennessee have a bust of a confederate general at the state capital, who just happens to also be one of the founder of the kkk?

Why does KY have a monument in honor of Jefferson Davis?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.