Ever been fingerprinted?

Pile Driver

In thinking about the bank robber thread, I got to wondering how many people have been finger printed.

I've had background checks for work and even had to for a college enrollment.

If you submit prints for things like this, does "the man" keep those on file? I've never been arrested, so they do not have a set that way. If I ever did commit a crime, would they know it was me? (Hypothetical, don't judge)

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been finger printed for various reasons. Did it first in elementary school when I participated in an after school event where you learned about police work (finger printing included). - Side note, I was the guinea pig for the cop showing the class how people get handcuffed but it made for a longer day when his key broke and wouldn't open the cuffs back up...

My prints are on file with the man from when I joined the Army.

I was in elementary school. Got busted for a graham cracker smuggling ring. Did some hard nap time, learned from my mistakes and got certified in VCR and TV repair, along with getting pretty good at LEGO building.

They actually came in a did a police outreach program where they explained police work, that they were always going to help and every thing like that. One of the kids in my class, his dad was a cop. So he brought in the stuff for prints, but I really don't think it went anywhere other than the trash at the end of the day. I could be wrong, but I don't remember putting my name on it or anything like that.

I don't really have a problem with fingerprint databases, doesn't seem like too big of an issue to me.