Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trinity High School to Alcohol/Drug Test Students

Featured Replies

I won't lie... this is part of what makes me worry.

 

Same here. Every school will issue discipline on a case by case basis. I don't care what school it is. It's human nature.

 

I also always question how "random" testing is.

  • Replies 138
  • Views 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oldham County

 

Do parents have to sign anything or can the public schools just do so whenever they want to?

Same here. Every school will issue discipline on a case by case basis. I don't care what school it is. It's human nature.

 

I also always question how "random" testing is.

 

This would be the only thing in question for me. How is it randomized, and how do we know it can't be tampered with?

Take a look at the program. Emphasis is on prevention, not punishment. The program looks well thought out and caring.

As someone else said there are also public schools that do this.

 

Still don't think it is right. As well intentioned as it is, I think any school that does this is over reaching.

This would be the only thing in question for me. How is it randomized, and how do we know it can't be tampered with?

 

I'm guessing an outside agency would conduct the tests and their reputation and integrity would be on the line. How much influence would the school have over the administering the tests and doling out the discipline are eyebrow raisers for me. We'd never truly know the truth IMO. Have to take them all for their word.

Are they treating all drugs the same?

 

What would you estimate as the % of T students who have smoked weed?

Depends on if the discipline is upheld fairly.

 

 

I think you can count on fair treatment. Again, read the program. The emphasis is on caring for the kids, not punishment.

I don't have a strong feeling either way on whether Trinity should do this. My question is why would they? Seems like they are potentially opening up a big can of worms here...

 

Do star football players get random tested in the fall??

Most (if not all) of the high schools in the Diocese of Covington have been doing K-9 assisted random drug searches of cars and lockers for years now. Didn't bother me when I was in high school, and doesn't bother me now. I don't see a problem with it really so long as they can verify that it is ACTUALLY administered randomly.

Still don't think it is right. As well intentioned as it is, I think any school that does this is over reaching.

 

Some schools only drug test student athletes and not the general student population.

Some schools do testing for any extra-activity students. I believe Bullitt, Oldham, Nelson Co, and WV all have some form of testing.

Athletes publicly represent the school. Their names are in the news, for good reasons and bad. If the school wants to help insure that the people who represent them are not on drugs, then I'm ok with it.

Most (if not all) of the high schools in the Diocese of Covington have been doing K-9 assisted random drug searches of cars and lockers for years now. Didn't bother me when I was in high school, and doesn't bother me now. I don't see a problem with it really so long as they can verify that it is ACTUALLY administered randomly.

 

I think there is a difference from searching lockers, including using dogs and performing a drug test. School property is one thing, but a medical test is another. Certainly if a school suspects a student is using, they have an obligation to inform the parents, but I don't think a school should have the right to test students, no matter how well meaning.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.