Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trinity High School to Alcohol/Drug Test Students

Featured Replies

Not referring to THS in this instance, but to the apparent movement in public schools.

 

My children go to Mercer Co., which will begin random testing next year I think. I have no problem with this. Anything that will help identify and help a child that is heading down the wrong path I am for. If it saves on child it is well worth it.

  • Replies 138
  • Views 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My children go to Mercer Co., which will begin random testing next year I think. I have no problem with this. Anything that will help identify and help a child that is heading down the wrong path I am for. If it saves on child it is well worth it.

 

Agreed. I just hope the program is ran fairly.

From one of the links in this thread:

 

The first time a student tests positive, he and his parents will be required to meet with school officials, and submit to followup testing every 100 days. A second violation will result in the student losing the right to participate in extracurricular activities, and/or expulsion.

 

If a student tests positive three times, he will be expelled unless he is in a treatment program and in very good standing with the school.

 

=======================

 

This program definitely appears to have helping students as its number one priority. Think about it, no punishment for a first offense and even a third offense can be overcome if you are doing everything else right.

 

=======================

 

I also watched the video on the CJ site, I think Dr. Mullen is exactly right on two very important points:

 

1. The longer a teenager delays using addictive substances the better chance he will have not being addicted as an adult.

 

2. This is a very effective tool that individuals can use to counter peer pressure.

 

=======================

 

Considering Trinity is a private school and you have to choose to go there I see absolutely no issue with the drug testing.

 

Finally, whether you agree with the testing or not, it will make Trinity stronger.

 

I can roll with this.

I don't mind the drug testing but I don't like the random part. I think it should be an all or none situation.

I don't mind the drug testing but I don't like the random part. I think it should be an all or none situation.

 

I believe the goal is to eventually test 100% of students.

Have not read, but who is going to pay for the test? School (meaning put in cost of tuition probably) or parents?

My children go to Mercer Co., which will begin random testing next year I think. I have no problem with this. Anything that will help identify and help a child that is heading down the wrong path I am for. If it saves on child it is well worth it.

 

Do you currently drug test your kids?

Have not read, but who is going to pay for the test? School (meaning put in cost of tuition probably) or parents?

 

That was covered in the video. About $30 per student and Trinity made some changes in their book sales (something like that) to mitigate the cost. I may not have this exactly right but it is close.

Do you currently drug test your kids?

 

I have.

300.jpg

Here you go...available at your local drug store for around $25

Then why don't you drug test your kids?

 

I have drug tested my oldest once and had a drug dog to the house. A friend of mine trains the dogs and he was over with a dog and I put him to work. It was more for fun but it was interesting. Private school can do what they want and I wouldn't have a problem with a parent opting out if a public school wanted to do it. I just don't see the negative for a high school student if it is more for a deterrent/treatment than for punishment.

Because we're treating kids as if they are guilty to be proven innocent. Again the police randomly pulling people over to search their cars would also be a great deterrent to illegal activity. Is everyone cool with that?

Because we're treating kids as if they are guilty to be proven innocent. Again the police randomly pulling people over to search their cars would also be a great deterrent to illegal activity. Is everyone cool with that?

 

Horrible analogy.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.