Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trinity High School to Alcohol/Drug Test Students

Featured Replies

Why?

 

Without getting into a long explanation, because with one you have a choice, the other you don't.

  • Replies 138
  • Views 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Without getting into a long explanation, because with one you have a choice, the other you don't.

 

You called it horrible but won't explain why? OK.

 

As far as it being a choice, if a public school is doing random testing where is the choice?

You called it horrible but won't explain why? OK.

 

As far as it being a choice, if a public school is doing random testing where is the choice?

 

Are you/we talking about Trinity or some other school? If we are talking about Trinity it is a horrible analogy and I explained why in short, if you are talking about some other school I would need to examine both sides of the issue.

Do parents have to sign anything or can the public schools just do so whenever they want to?

Mine was tested last semester. I don't recall signing a thing. Came back positive for Crunch n Munch.

Are you/we talking about Trinity or some other school? If we are talking about Trinity it is a horrible analogy and I explained why in short, if you are talking about some other school I would need to examine both sides of the issue.

My analogy as I reference to public schools doing it. As far as Trinity is concerned, they're private so I agree the analogy doesn't fit.

My analogy as I reference to public schools doing it. As far as Trinity is concerned, they're private so I agree the analogy doesn't fit.

 

We can both stand down, sorry about that.

what if I'm a swimmer and shave my whole body?

 

You better not shave on test day. Here at work if you show up hairless for your drug test you have automotically failed the test.

what if I'm a swimmer and shave my whole body?

Then I'd assume you were on drugs.

what if I'm a swimmer and shave my whole body?

 

Then I'd assume you were on drugs.

 

There is some evidence that points to this helping swimmers. I would not assume that at all.

They absolutely should test, public and private.

Because we're treating kids as if they are guilty to be proven innocent. Again the police randomly pulling people over to search their cars would also be a great deterrent to illegal activity. Is everyone cool with that?

 

Would you drug test your kids?

Would you drug test your kids?

Maybe, if I suspected they were using. But not just randomly as a deterrent.

Hats off to Trinity for taking on this issue!!!! Not sure how it will pan out, however I do think that it is a good thing! Kinda surprised that THS thought that they really needed this??? I saw on the news yesterday the list of drugs they are testing for, steroids is NOT on the list! Very interesting . . . I hope that it is equally inforced as described. Based on past performance, I think THS has to prove themselves that this is the case and has higher priority than participating in a state championship game. Hope this works out and does not creat a ongoing controversy for THS. The Administration is addressing what they feel is a issue, I think they have made the right steps... now for the implementation!!!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.