2015-16 12th Region

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm impressed with Casey County. They will be a factor in the region next season.

I'm very impressed with Casey County and they may very well be the #3 team in the region ahead of Wayne County. At worst they are a top 5 team in the region when the preseason rankings come out. Their backcourt is top notch and DJ White has improved a ton. We do need to see if Southwestern will be intact and how good Wayne County can be without Peyton Woods. If Pulaski County is better than Casey County then we'll have another season where there are a legitimate 5 teams that can win region with Mercer County easily being at the head of the class.

[i heard Danville was playing without Southerland. When they played Casey County last year he had 24 points and 11 rebs. I also heard John Roney and Madison Goodman are playing basketball this year. Believe this or not but coming up through middle school goodman was the best player on the team, he just decided to concentrate on baseball. I think him and Roney will help out a lot next year.

[i heard Danville was playing without Southerland. When they played Casey County last year he had 24 points and 11 rebs. I also heard John Roney and Madison Goodman are playing basketball this year. Believe this or not but coming up through middle school goodman was the best player on the team, he just decided to concentrate on baseball. I think him and Roney will help out a lot next year.

Southerland wasn't there and word is he isn't playing next season but I'll believe it when I see it. Roney did play and I don't know what Madison Goodman looks like to tell you if he was there. Zach Dampier wasn't there yesterday and neither was Demarria.

So much for Casey beating Boyle. If Boyle Plays Elkins right, no one in this region can stop him. There is no big man in this region his caliber. No one can stop Elkins and he can stop everybody around the rim. If Boyle can find the ball handling they need, they too will contend for the region. They will be the biggest and strongest team in the region with Mack Cox, Jase Sharp and Josiah Robbins. Those guys are strong big and football tough. In my opinion the will need to play a little like the old piston teams, but if they do it will be hard to match their size and strength. Elkins 6'7, Cox 6'5 and big, Sharp 6'4, the freshman will be 6'6 and big, finally Josiah 6'1 and very strong and competitive to the max.

So much for Casey beating Boyle. If Boyle Plays Elkins right, no one in this region can stop him. There is no big man in this region his caliber. No one can stop Elkins and he can stop everybody around the rim. If Boyle can find the ball handling they need, they too will contend for the region. They will be the biggest and strongest team in the region with Mack Cox, Jase Sharp and Josiah Robbins. Those guys are strong big and football tough. In my opinion the will need to play a little like the old piston teams, but if they do it will be hard to match their size and strength. Elkins 6'7, Cox 6'5 and big, Sharp 6'4, the freshman will be 6'6 and big, finally Josiah 6'1 and very strong and competitive to the max.

Hate to burst your bubble but if you play like the Pistons in the 12th, all 5 of your starters will be on the bench by mid first quarter!

I was talking to some guys at the Monticello Pool Hall (The bastion of all Wayne Co Knowledge) Saturday, they feel pretty good coming into this season. In fact one said he thought they would be top 2 in the region this year, said that he expects team to pick up the slack from Woods pretty easily.

In the past these guys have been pretty straight up with me, when Wayne was going to suck they said it on the front side...so I think they honestly think they have something for everyone this season.

^^I don't disagree with the pool hall wisdom. There's a very good chance they're going to be in the mix for the title. Saying they'll replace Woods easily? Now I can't agree with that comment.

I was talking to some guys at the Monticello Pool Hall (The bastion of all Wayne Co Knowledge) Saturday, they feel pretty good coming into this season. In fact one said he thought they would be top 2 in the region this year, said that he expects team to pick up the slack from Woods pretty easily.

In the past these guys have been pretty straight up with me, when Wayne was going to suck they said it on the front side...so I think they honestly think they have something for everyone this season.

They should be good. They return Blevins, Stearns and Gillespie if I am not mistaken and they have some good young talent that should be able to support them. They also have Coach Woods so I wouldn't count Wayne County out at all.