2015-16 12th Region

Sooooo, 12th Region folks. Can and will this upcoming season be as exciting as this past season? Is this a two horse race between Mercer County and Southwestern? Is Wayne County still a threat with Peyton Woods gone? Is Casey County ready for the big time? Can Pulaski County and Somerset become contenders led by their young talent? Can Colton Elkins lead a brand new looking Boyle County team and can Noah Young lead a brand new looking Lincoln County team? Are Garrard County and Danville the favorites for the 45th District title? What about East and West Jessamine? Are they going to slide into the region tourney under the radar this season?

Tons of questions this upcoming season. I can't wait to see the answers!!!!

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What all does Southwestern have coming back?

My immediate thought was Mercer County would be favored, but I don't know a tremendous amount about the 12th.

Southwestern returns Hunter Cromer, Peyton Gover, Danny Butt, Steven Fitzgerald and Logan Dykes. They also had a strong JV team that had some size on it as well. Some will favor them over Mercer County even though Mercer County defeated them in the 12th Region tournament in their last matchup. Either way these are your top two teams going into the season. On paper Southwestern has more overall talent.

I think the 45th could be very balanced this season. I'm anxious to see how Lincoln County adjusts to playing an almost entirely new lineup. It will also be interesting to see how Boyle County adjusts to using Colton Elkins as their premier player, something they've never had to do. I suspect both Lincoln and Boyle will be much better in February than they are in December.

I think this will be the weakest year for the 12th in recent history. I hope I'm wrong, but don't see anyone making a deep run in march. Seeing a lot of people giving my Garrard County Golden Lions some love, but they have to put it all together. Hope they can make a run this year! Should be fun!