2015-16 12th Region

I'm so pumped for this year in the 12th. I feel like it's gonna be a dog fight trying to make it to rupp! I think arguments for #1 team in the region can be made for both Mercer and Wayne, simply based on the 'experience' factor. I think teams like Southwestern and Casey County will both pose legit threats come tourney time, as well as Pulaski, if what KyKing has said comes true. West Jessamine will always be a well coached team as long as coach Kelly is there, so wouldn't surprise me to see them in the mix either. Really looking forward to seeing Colton Elkins role at Boyle, but I feel like Danville and Garrard have the advantage in the 45th, as of now. Rockcastle County will have, in my opinion, the best overall big in the 12th this year in Lucas Gentry. As far as Lincoln, Somerset, and East Jessamine, only time will tell. I'm hyped!!!

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so pumped for this year in the 12th. I feel like it's gonna be a dog fight trying to make it to rupp! I think arguments for #1 team in the region can be made for both Mercer and Wayne, simply based on the 'experience' factor. I think teams like Southwestern and Casey County will both pose legit threats come tourney time, as well as Pulaski, if what KyKing has said comes true. West Jessamine will always be a well coached team as long as coach Kelly is there, so wouldn't surprise me to see them in the mix either. Really looking forward to seeing Colton Elkins role at Boyle, but I feel like Danville and Garrard have the advantage in the 45th, as of now. Rockcastle County will have, in my opinion, the best overall big in the 12th this year in Lucas Gentry. As far as Lincoln, Somerset, and East Jessamine, only time will tell. I'm hyped!!!

Colton Elkins is elevating higher now than I have ever seen him elevate!!!!! I want to see him average 5 dunks and 10 blocks a game. :D

I think this will be the weakest year for the 12th in recent history. I hope I'm wrong, but don't see anyone making a deep run in march. Seeing a lot of people giving my Garrard County Golden Lions some love, but they have to put it all together. Hope they can make a run this year! Should be fun!

I think you have are suffering from amnesia. This past season was the best year in the 12th that I can recall. I think that may have spoiled you and jaded your perception!!!! Just look back 3 years (going back even farther you'll find similar trends).

2012-2013: Wayne was 27-8; Pulaski 23-7; East Jessamine 23-8; Southwest 22-9. Four top 25 caliber teams then there was a drop-off. Wayne won the region, beating Somerset in the championship game. Pulaski was the favorite but it didn't pan out.

2013-2014: Wayne 31-2; Lincoln 26-6; Southwest 25-6; West Jessamine 19-11. Three top 25 caliber teams and then a drop-off. You started to see just how good the following year was going to be. Wayne won region, beating Southwest.

2014-2015: the season that jaded you....

2015-2016: I expect the region to have three top 25 caliber teams in Mercer, Southwest and Wayne, then a drop-off. However, as has been mentioned above, there will be a second tier of teams that will be very competitive. Point being that I expect this year to be much like many years in the past in terms of quality of teams. The difference will be that some of the more traditional powers will be rebuilding and you will see some less traditional names filling the void.

I think you have are suffering from amnesia. This past season was the best year in the 12th that I can recall. I think that may have spoiled you and jaded your perception!!!! Just look back 3 years (going back even farther you'll find similar trends).

2012-2013: Wayne was 27-8; Pulaski 23-7; East Jessamine 23-8; Southwest 22-9. Four top 25 caliber teams then there was a drop-off. Wayne won the region, beating Somerset in the championship game. Pulaski was the favorite but it didn't pan out.

2013-2014: Wayne 31-2; Lincoln 26-6; Southwest 25-6; West Jessamine 19-11. Three top 25 caliber teams and then a drop-off. You started to see just how good the following year was going to be. Wayne won region, beating Southwest.

2014-2015: the season that jaded you....

2015-2016: I expect the region to have three top 25 caliber teams in Mercer, Southwest and Wayne, then a drop-off. However, as has been mentioned above, there will be a second tier of teams that will be very competitive. Point being that I expect this year to be much like many years in the past in terms of quality of teams. The difference will be that some of the more traditional powers will be rebuilding and you will see some less traditional names filling the void.

I somewhat agree. I do think if the Landon Powell to Pulaski rumors are true then they'll be in the top tier and possibly better than Wayne County.

I do also think there will be a drop off after the top 3-4 teams but those teams in the second tier will all be pretty good and some of the more non-traditional powers.

I do think Mercer County and Southwestern will be the class of the region.

6'7 Wyatt Slone from Russell county- role player but we add depth inside .. Will definitely help. Also a guard .. But I don't know his name. Both are already enrolled and eligible

Good deal. I have a good friend who helps with football there and I'd love to see Casey County do well in basketball. I am assuming that these kids will be playing in June at Boyle County?

Yes I'm sure they will. From what I told all are in open gym and workouts. Culture is definitely changing. Who is all playing at Boyle county?

Colton Elkins and Josiah Robbins are the only names anyone will recognize. Lots of opportunity for kids to emerge and gain playing time.