2015-16 12th Region

So Rowan County's "win" wasn't as impressive as is first sounded I assume.

It's all about perspective. Mercer County's starters didn't play at all in the second matchup until there was 4 minutes left in the first half. Mercer County was down 11-9 at the time. They got it tied back up to 15 all before the half was over and the Mercer County starters finished the game. It was definitely a better showing by Rowan County in the second game than in the first. That has to be noted. At the same time, Mercer County was playing in back to back games with no rest and Rowan County was playing their first game of the evening so their legs were more fresh for sure. With the way Mercer County is playing now, which is fast and furious and loads of energy, there is no way they can give an optimal performance playing back to back games in June. Mercer County was clearly worn out, their shots were short and I don't think they made many FTs at the end of the game. Will Hager missed the game winning FT without any time on the clock. Mercer County was dead tired and Rowan County was able to hang on for the win so Rowan County deserves some credit for bouncing back from the loss they suffered on Monday against Mercer County. At the same time that Rowan County game does nothing to change my mind about Mercer County being the best team in the region. You have to see the way they are playing now to understand it. They move the ball so well, their shortest starter is 6'2". All 5 people can start the fast break and they will run at every opportunity, they have 4 bona fide rim protectors in Dow, Faulkner, G. Miller (new addition) and Mink. They can all score the ball in different ways making them hard to defend in man to man defense. They are all athletic and will challenge every shot and their floor general is going to be one of the top 3 players in the region in Will Hager.

Trust me, Mercer County is very legit.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are Butt and Fitzgerald still at Southwestern?

Yes, they are still at Southwestern.

Rumblings are getting louder that they won't be at Southwestern next year. If that is the case Mercer County sits atop the region all alone when the season starts.

Rumblings are getting louder that they won't be at Southwestern next year. If that is the case Mercer County sits atop the region all alone when the season starts.
I would be very surprised if they were not at SWHS next year. Now if Wright were to leave that would be a different story.

Re: Danville

The young guard playing in the Casey Co. game was Tanner Ford (Soph). Danville was missing several players in this scrimmage, would expect to have seen a closer game had they had an inside presence. Sutherland will play this year, mark my words.

Danville, Fern Creek any Casey Co. play tonight - games start at 5.

Re: Danville

The young guard playing in the Casey Co. game was Tanner Ford (Soph). Danville was missing several players in this scrimmage, would expect to have seen a closer game had they had an inside presence. Sutherland will play this year, mark my words.

Danville, Fern Creek any Casey Co. play tonight - games start at 5.

I'd be surprised if Southerland didn't play. Who else was Danville missing?

Casey 62- Fern Creek 60

:lol2:

Come on now, Kyking. Qualify that properly. :lol2:

The scoreboard was reset to 0 after each quarter. There were four mini-games. Not one game played all of the way through. Not to mention the half hearted scoreboard operator.

These are the scores I sent to Wireman immediately after each quarter.

First quarter:

16-15 Fern Creek

Second quarter:

16-6 Casey County

Third quarter:

19-16 Fern Creek

Fourth quarter:

18-15 Fern Creek

Casey won 3 quarters not 1

Not according to the scoreboard at Casey County. Casey County was the home team weren't they?

If you add up the scores I posted it adds up to Casey County-62 Fern Creek-59. I think I have the scores right as presented by the scoreboard which reset to 0 after every quarter.

Is there an official book for the game?