2015-16 12th Region

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd give the nod to Southwestern's backcourt as the best in the region.

I think we're in for some exciting basketball this season. Some great players gone after last year but stars will emerge.

Well, you have 3 players returning that made All Region: Blevins, Hager and Stearns. If Stearns is considered as a backcourt player, then no question they are the best backcourt, at least to start the season. But, if Stearns is, then you'd have to count Holifield from West. If you do that, here's my list to start the season:

Blevins/Stearns

Hager/Faulkner

Jones/Holifield

Gover/Fitgerald

Smith/Miller

Wayne duo : 39 PPG* & 9 RPG

Mercer duo: 34 & 11

West Jessamine duo: 29 & 9

Casey duo: 29 & 7

Southwest duo: 25 & 8

*keep in mind Wayne's style of play when looking at their scoring averages. We all know they play very up tempo and put up a lot of shots. For example, their duo averaged 15% higher PPG than Mercer's, but they also attempted 18% more FG's in doing so.

The thing nit mentioned is assists. Anyone have APG on these guys?

I think we're in for some exciting basketball this season. Some great players gone after last year but stars will emerge.

I agree!!! I think the 12th Region will be a lot of fun again this season along with being one of the toughest regions in the state.

Wayne duo : 39 PPG* & 9 RPG

Mercer duo: 34 & 11

West Jessamine duo: 29 & 9

Casey duo: 29 & 7

Southwest duo: 25 & 8

*keep in mind Wayne's style of play when looking at their scoring averages. We all know they play very up tempo and put up a lot of shots. For example, their duo averaged 15% higher PPG than Mercer's, but they also attempted 18% more FG's in doing so.

The thing nit mentioned is assists. Anyone have APG on these guys?

Not officially because KHSAA doesn't keep that stats. Only teams keep assists stats.

I watched Cam Jones absolutely dismantle Southwestern last year — granted SW had just played Wayne County, but Jones was the best player on the court that day.

If he shows that over a season (and that's a huge IF), West will be right up there.

I watched Cam Jones absolutely dismantle Southwestern last year — granted SW had just played Wayne County, but Jones was the best player on the court that day.

If he shows that over a season (and that's a huge IF), West will be right up there.

West is always in the mix. Anyone who thinks they won't be hasn't been paying attention.

Of what age is G. Miller and his brother that are transfers? How much will he/they contribute?

G. Miller will be a senior and is an athletic rim protector. He'll get offensive rebounds and be a big help in the paint.

T. Miller will provide depth at the guard position. He will be a sophomore.

Cam has all the potential in the world. If he meshes, and can get along with the coach, he will be a huge asset. Plus, I'm hearing they've picked up their annual transfer from a Lexington school.

West seems to be top 5 or so just about every year. This year is shaping up to be no different.

Just heard Mercer County beat Southwestern 76-74 at KBA on a last second Will Hager drive to the basket.

Mercer County was without Drew Davis and Southwestern was without Danny Butt and Steven Fitzgerald. Davis was sitting for rest and I think Butt and Fitzgerald were at the Elite Camp at the University of Tennessee.

I heard Hager and Faulkner starred for Mercer and that SW was on fire from deep. I heard Peyton Cundiff(is that correct) and Hunter Stevens both played great for SW.