Cop With No Sense: Autistic 11 Year Old Charged With Felony Assault

JokersWild24

I guess I could make the argument that he didn't give the felony out, the kid might have earned it.

When my kids are in school I hope there's 5 officers there. I've seen alot of SROs. Most I've met are friends with the kids. They know them, talk to them. They don't really police the kids but when kids do something criminal and can't be controlled by a teacher, the SRO will most definitely be called.

Again, not sure how having an officer there is militarized. They aren't wearing campaign hats, yelling at kids in class like a drill sgt, ordering them around the school, etc.

Great, you should hope they are great friends if your children go to a school with a "zero tolerance" policy for fighting and your child is arrested for assault for defending themselves.

There are plenty of arrests in situations like those that probably irk others. Not mention what happens when a SRO acts contrary to the law and doesn't respect the rights of your children (i.e., interview "tactics" like trying to pressure kids to talk before their parents who have a legal right to be there, arrive).

If there are 5 SROs at an elementary school, I'll gladly send my kids to a private school and feel better about it. To each their own.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great, you should hope they are great friends if your children go to a school with a "zero tolerance" policy for fighting and your child is arrested for assault for defending themselves.

There are plenty of arrests in situations like those that probably irk others. Not mention what happens when a SRO acts contrary to the law and doesn't respect the rights of your children (i.e., interview "tactics" like trying to pressure kids to talk before their parents who have a legal right to be there, arrive).

If there are 5 SROs at an elementary school, I'll gladly send my kids to a private school and feel better about it. To each their own.

Id be willing to bet kids are rarely arrested in Kentucky for nothing more than fighting at school.

What law specifically says the police have to wait for parents to interview kids?

Your going off in a different direction now. It seems you just started this thread to complain about police, specifically SRO's.

Id be willing to bet kids are rarely arrested in Kentucky for nothing more than fighting at school.

What law specifically says the police have to wait for parents to interview kids?

Your going off in a different direction now. It seems you just started this thread to complain about police, specifically SRO's.

I guess you could do it if you wanted to, but I wouldn't recommend it. Probably don't even have to Mirandize them or tell them why they're being questioned either based on what's been going on lately in the courts.

As for the first part of that on Kentucky:

http://archive.courier-journal.com/section/extras19

Edited by JokersWild24

Well, he himself made a pretty serious claim against the kid. Said an 11 year old feloniously assaulted him.

Prosecutor and judge agreed, right?

If it was a weak charge, the defense attorney should have been able to beat it right?

:clap:

Good job Virginia!

You must be a much better attorney than the prosecutor, judge, and defense attorney involved. You don't even have all the details, but based on your posts I'm convinced you think you know more about what happened than they do.

You must be a much better attorney than the prosecutor, judge, and defense attorney involved. You don't even have all the details, but based on your posts I'm convinced you think you know more about what happened than they do.

Thanks. I knew I was too.