Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UCLA 60 SMU 59

Featured Replies

Great call!!!! Kept a Sweet 16 team alive for me!!!!

 

And, really, isn't this all that matters for most of us? :thumb:

 

I had SMU winning...my bracket is trash!

  • Replies 67
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe the ball would have hit the rim. I think when it is that close an official has to call goaltending.

I think the biggest part is what Clyde pointed out. The ref that made the call had the worst angle of the 3 officials. From his view he may not have been able to tell where the ball was in relation to the basket.

If the ball has the possibility of hitting the rim, which this shot clearly does, it has to be called IMO. We can all say "there's no chance" it goes in, but no one knows how it's going to bounce off the rim, thus there is a possibility of it going in.

Why can't this be reviewed in the game?

Why can't this be reviewed in the game?

 

 

NCAA has rules as to what type of calls can be reviewed. This is not on the list.

NCAA has rules as to what type of calls can be reviewed. This is not on the list.

 

Maybe ought to be in the future.

Maybe ought to be in the future.

 

I am sure it will be considered.

Even if it was reviewed, it would have been goal tending. It clearly was ging to hit the rim. I hate it for SMU, kinda like the Dez Bryant thing in the playoffs. Just a tough break.

Even if it was reviewed, it would have been goal tending. It clearly was ging to hit the rim. I hate it for SMU, kinda like the Dez Bryant thing in the playoffs. Just a tough break.

 

My eyes must be getting worse because in the above still, and the other angle it never hits the rim or looks like it will. When he tips it the trajectory is changed to nick the rim. If he doesn't touch it it appeared to be an air ball to me.

If this was a goal tend, then UK should have had 100 goal tends this year on all of their lobs... Terrible call

I think it was an air ball all the way

From that angle I don't see anyway it doesn't hit the rim. Even looks like it would have hit with a chance to bounce up or forward...from THIS angle I call a GT also.

 

It would have to defy the law of physics to do to either.

It's been 7 hours and I still can't believe it. Alford put up an awful shot - AWFUL - and got rewarded on it with one of the worst calls I can remember. Basically repeating myself but I'm still incredulous.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.