Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UCLA 60 SMU 59

Featured Replies

"It's all my fault (goaltend)... as a senior you can't make that mistake at the end of the game" - SMU's Yanick Moreira fighting back tears.

 

Kid hustled- not your fault, son.

 

The ref that makes that call can't work another tourney game. I'm sorry- that was an awful call! SMU defended and forced Alford into a terrible and ill-advised shot attempt at the end of the game. SMU kid went up to rebound an air ball. The ball only touches the rim after SMU mishandles the rebound attempt.

 

Let the kids decide the game!

  • Replies 67
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think EVERY official that thinks the ball will come down and hit the rim makes that call. Every one.

 

It comes down to angle.

Kid hustled- not your fault, son.

 

The ref that makes that call can't work another tourney game. I'm sorry- that was an awful call! SMU defended and forced Alford into a terrible and ill-advised shot attempt at the end of the game. SMU kid went up to rebound an air ball. The ball only touches the rim after SMU mishandles the rebound attempt.

 

Let the kids decide the game!

 

It was not going to be an airball.

Horrible call. If you disagree, you're wrong. :D

It was not going to be an airball.

 

Yes, it was.

Regarding whether the ball would have had a chance to go in: National Coordinator of Officiating John Adams, "It's all hypothetical after it was touched."

I've looked at the video finally

1) it wasn't going to go in

2) It WAS Goal Tending

 

Tough but correct call.

Yes, it was.

 

No, it would have caught some part of the rim.

No, it would have caught some part of the rim.

 

No, you are wrong. The ball was already past the rim when SMU touches it. The ball only hit the rim because the SMU player tips it.

 

I saw it live. I saw it 100 times on replay. We just disagree.

I've looked at the video finally

1) it wasn't going to go in

2) It WAS Goal Tending

 

Tough but correct call.

 

The rule says it has to have "the possibility [...] to enter the basket" so if you're #1 is true then tour #2 is wrong.

No, you are wrong. The ball was already past the rim when SMU touches it. The ball only hit the rim because the SMU player tips it.

 

I saw it live. I saw it 100 times on replay. We just disagree.

 

No, you are wrong. I saw it 5 times (didn't take me 100 to figure it out). :lol2: we disagree that's cool.

Great call!!!! Kept a Sweet 16 team alive for me!!!!

I slowed it down on my computer frame by frame. This is the frame that shows the ball past the rim when the SMU player touches it and tips the ball back toward the rim. Is it close, yes. I will say that live, I thought it was an air ball and looking at replays I still think it was going to be an air ball. The ref bails out UCLA, IMO.

 

image.jpg

The rule says it has to have "the possibility [...] to enter the basket" so if you're #1 is true then tour #2 is wrong.

 

Goal Tending is called everyday on balls that had no chance of going in...if it's coming down headed towards the goal it get's called almost every time. May not be to the rule but that is the literal interpretation that we see executed all season long year after year.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.