March 19, 201511 yr May be the first time I've ever seen the game-winner scored on a goaltended three.
March 19, 201511 yr I think that's a terrible call. At the very least it was against the spirit of the rule. I hate that Alford got bailed out on that.
March 19, 201511 yr Listened to last few seconds in car before heading into house so I didn't miss anything. Was the ball beneath the rim like the announcers made it sound?
March 19, 201511 yr It's really tough to see. It was at most level with the rim off to the side of it. It wasn't going in. At all.
March 19, 201511 yr The question I have is, Was the ball above or below the rim when the SMU player made contact with it? I really couldn't tell from the replays on the telecast. What did Alford shoot today on 3's------------something like 9 of 11?
March 19, 201511 yr Ball was never "over the cylinder" the way I saw it, was off to the front, or else he wouldn't have been able to touch the ball from where he went up. bad call IMO, and IF it does meet the letter of the goaltending law and the refs had no choice but to call it, then that needs to be looked at being changed.
March 19, 201511 yr Director of officials said they made the call because they deemed the ball had a "chance to go in". Never. It's physically impossible. Let Sport Science do a feature in it. There is no way a ball on that trajectory can go in.
March 19, 201511 yr Director of officials said they made the call because they deemed the ball had a "chance to go in". Never. It's physically impossible. Let Sport Science do a feature in it. There is no way a ball on that trajectory can go in. There is an old saying...remain quiet and let others think you are a fool, rather than open your mouth and remove all doubt. The Director of officials should have heeded this old proverb and kept his mouth closed, cause if he thought that thing even had a PRAYER of going in...:no:
March 19, 201511 yr The 2nd video on this link shows it a little better. UCLA Beats SMU on Controversial Goaltending Call | The Big Lead The "chance of going in" would be tough to defend on review. Official who made the call was bench side so we're not seeing his angle. Tough all to make.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.