Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UCLA 60 SMU 59

Featured Replies

With that said...stupid play by the SMU defender.

  • Replies 67
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With that said...stupid play by the SMU defender.

 

I'm gonna give him a pass on that...shot was so bad I think he was just going up to snatch it out of the air as a rebound, because if it DID go over his head, a UCLA guy might have very well gotten it.

I'm gonna give him a pass on that...shot was so bad I think he was just going up to snatch it out of the air as a rebound.

 

I think it would have hit the rim. Bad play on his part.

I think it would have hit the rim. Bad play on his part.

 

My point though is I don't think he was trying to "block" the shot in any way, just recover/rebound the ball. Kind of like a hustle play where a kid busts his tail but doesn't get a good outcome. hard to fault a kid in that situation.

I think it would have hit the rim. Bad play on his part.

 

And that's how he said the ball is written. "If it's a shot, it's on its downward plane, and it has a chance to hit the rim." I believe it certainly fits into that category.

And that's how he said the ball is written. "If it's a shot, it's on its downward plane, and it has a chance to hit the rim." I believe it certainly fits into that category.

 

Wording doesn't say anything about having a chance to hit the rim. It says "having a chance to enter the basket." Small but potentially key difference.

 

"Chance to go in" is gray.

goaltending is the violation of interfering with the ball when it is on its way to the basket and it is (a) in its downward flight, (b) entirely above the rim and has the possibility of entering the basket, and © not touching the rim.

 

...

Wording doesn't say anything about having a chance to hit the rim. It says "having a chance to enter the basket." Small but potentially key difference.

 

"Chance to go in" is gray.

 

I was just quoting what the officiating supervisor said on CBS

Wording doesn't say anything about having a chance to hit the rim. It says "having a chance to enter the basket." Small but potentially key difference.

 

"Chance to go in" is gray.

 

 

Can you reference the rule? What I just posted is different from what others are saying the rule is.

Biggest issue is that the guy who called it had no real view of the ball vs the cylinder.

 

The guy behind the shooter had the best angle and he wasn't calling it.

Can you reference the rule? What I just posted is different from what others are saying the rule is.

 

I do not have the number but here is the wording for college(I think it's the same for high school).

 

Goaltending.

a. Goaltending occurs when a defensive player touches the ball during a fieldgoal try and each of the following conditions is met: (Exceptions: Rule 10-4.1.i)

1. The ball is on its downward flight; and

2. The ball is above the level of the ring and has the possibility, while in flight, of entering the basket and is not touching the cylinder."

"It's all my fault (goaltend)... as a senior you can't make that mistake at the end of the game" - SMU's Yanick Moreira fighting back tears.

Biggest issue is that the guy who called it had no real view of the ball vs the cylinder.

 

The guy behind the shooter had the best angle and he wasn't calling it.

 

I agree. Worst position to call that particular play.

 

I do not have the number but here is the wording for college(I think it's the same for high school).

 

Goaltending.

a. Goaltending occurs when a defensive player touches the ball during a fieldgoal try and each of the following conditions is met: (Exceptions: Rule 10-4.1.i)

1. The ball is on its downward flight; and

2. The ball is above the level of the ring and has the possibility, while in flight, of entering the basket and is not touching the cylinder."

 

Thanks.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]49734[/ATTACH]

 

From that angle I don't see anyway it doesn't hit the rim. Even looks like it would have hit with a chance to bounce up or forward...from THIS angle I call a GT also.

From that angle I don't see anyway it doesn't hit the rim. Even looks like it would have hit with a chance to bounce up or forward...from THIS angle I call a GT also.

 

Ball was coming from camera side. It was past the rim already. Bouncing forward would send it further from the rim.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.