Open Jobs/Filled Jobs 2015

Well I will shoot down my own prediction on Bullitt East and Blackburn. I now heard Coach told the kids yesterday he is coming back next season.

Wasnt there some disagreements last year at East. From my understanding East wanted to hire Willie Feldhaus. Feldhaus resigned and moved there when Blackburn decided to return. Isnt Feldhaus teaching there?

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasnt there some disagreements last year at East. From my understanding East wanted to hire Willie Feldhaus. Feldhaus resigned and moved there when Blackburn decided to return. Isnt Feldhaus teaching there?

I was talking about that yesterday with someone and we were trying to figure it out. It was an odd set of circumstances. What we recalled was his wife took a job up here and the family moved with the anticipation he was going to be the Head Coach at BE. For some reason at the last minute that changed. This was all before the season prior to this season. My understanding is that the family still lives there and Feldhaus travels back to his old job several hours away. Someone from Bullitt County probably knows more and maybe even can correct me if I have it wrong.

What is interesting is Blackburn was AD after his first coaching stint there and Barr was the Coach. Then Barr became AD and Blackburn became coach a 2nd time. Why Feldhaus never ended up the Coach is a mystery given the family even made the move as I was told.

GB32,

If this is true, it is definitely a quick turnaround. They must have had somebody on their radar and he was interested in Russell.

It will be interesting to see who is the next head coach at Russell HS.

Nevermind

Edited by Builder1214
Figured it out

Moody gave the "want to spend more time with my family" reason.

Moody has 4 young kids,oldest in 3rd grade. Others not even in school yet. Being around the program, you could tell things was off. Not playing much during June period, little open gyms,no real developing the program because he really didn't have the time to spend.. His heart is in the right place but their is a lot of expections for the program that Morrow built..

Is Lee job open. If so who might it be . Hearing 7-8 names.

Yes Lee County is open to my knowledge. Coach Johnson was let go early in the season and Coach Broadwell was named an interim coach. I've heard several candidates for the Lee County position including former Bobcat head coach, Danny Wright.