Dixie Heights 63 Ludlow 35

I am sure that every District Tournament has a David vs Goliath but this was the 34 Districts version.

Dixie controlled the tip and scored on an uncontested layup on a pass from Tibbs.(awesome play) Then something happened, undermanned & undersized Ludlow clamped down on defense and suddenly Dixe knew they were in a Fight. Tibbs was pushed away from the basket so Dixie turned to Davis who hit two 3 point shots to extend the early lead for Dixie. Wofford drove to the basket several times off balance and falling to the floor(No Foul). Collins & Young each hit a 3 pointer for Ludlow to keep the game close. Warndof picked up 2 quick fouls the 2nd a bogus call from the female ref. Coach Wofford with fire blasted the officials as her team fought to keep this a close game. Tori Wofford makes two acrobatic shots to keep Ludlow close and it is a hard fought 11 point lead for Dixie at the half. I stood and cheered Ludlow as the half ended. Dixie to big and to strong and to deep in the second half for Ludlow.

Final score Dixie 63 Ludlow 35.

Dixie had 11 girls score, Davis 15, Tibbs 13 & Bluemlein 9.

Ludlow had 6 players score, Wofford 16, Warndorf 9 & Collins 5.

Depth was a big key to Dixie's win tonight. 11 players scored for Dixie.

Tibbs had a nice game but Depth wore Ludlow down.

Coach Wofford did a good job getting Ludlow ready for this game.

Dixie to play St Henry in the Finals. No David vs Goliath here. Both teams have a big girl and both are able to shot the 3. Coach Sturgeon scouted the game and I am sure he saw Ludlow play tough defense.

I believe Ludlow was 15-14 on the season and undefeated in Division 3.

Great job girls and the Ludlow coaching staff.

Next year should prove to be the year Ludlow reaches the Regionals.

St. Henry loses about 7 players. Dixie loses 3.

This opens the door for Erlanger Lloyd & Ludlow.

Should be an awesome District next year.

GO PANTHERS

I am sure that every District Tournament has a David vs Goliath but this was the 34 Districts version.

Dixie controlled the tip and scored on an uncontested layup on a pass from Tibbs.(awesome play) Then something happened, undermanned & undersized Ludlow clamped down on defense and suddenly Dixe knew they were in a Fight. Tibbs was pushed away from the basket so Dixie turned to Davis who hit two 3 point shots to extend the early lead for Dixie. Wofford drove to the basket several times off balance and falling to the floor(No Foul). Collins & Young each hit a 3 pointer for Ludlow to keep the game close. Warndof picked up 2 quick fouls the 2nd a bogus call from the female ref. Coach Wofford with fire blasted the officials as her team fought to keep this a close game. Tori Wofford makes two acrobatic shots to keep Ludlow close and it is a hard fought 11 point lead for Dixie at the half. I stood and cheered Ludlow as the half ended. Dixie to big and to strong and to deep in the second half for Ludlow.

Final score Dixie 63 Ludlow 35.

Dixie had 11 girls score, Davis 15, Tibbs 13 & Bluemlein 9.

Ludlow had 6 players score, Wofford 16, Warndorf 9 & Collins 5.

Depth was a big key to Dixie's win tonight. 11 players scored for Dixie.

Tibbs had a nice game but Depth wore Ludlow down.

Coach Wofford did a good job getting Ludlow ready for this game.

Dixie to play St Henry in the Finals. No David vs Goliath here. Both teams have a big girl and both are able to shot the 3. Coach Sturgeon scouted the game and I am sure he saw Ludlow play tough defense.

I believe Ludlow was 15-14 on the season and undefeated in Division 3.

Great job girls and the Ludlow coaching staff.

Next year should prove to be the year Ludlow reaches the Regionals.

St. Henry loses about 7 players. Dixie loses 3.

This opens the door for Erlanger Lloyd & Ludlow.

Should be an awesome District next year.

GO PANTHERS

Thanks for the summary! I really think there are good days ahead for the girls basketball program at Ludlow. The middle school girls teams are doing quite well in the small school division. The 7th grade team has yet to lose a game and will be playing the championship game on Saturday. The 8th grade team has only lost a few games and will be playing in their championship game on Saturday as well. There is a lot of talent in the 6/7/8 grades, they just need some time for grooming. An issue Ludlow does have is numbers. Both the 7th and 8th grade classes are small; as in ~50 students each grade (boys and girls). Assuming there are 25 girls in the 7th grade; 9 of them (36%) are currently playing basketball. This core group of girls are all also playing volleyball, soccer, softball and track. Coach Wofford is going to have a balancing act to get them ready for high school basketball but still allow them to be high school students and have other activities besides basketball. I'm excited to watch Ludlow Girls basketball these next few years. I hope you stick around to watch!

Um... Doesn't Ludlow lose their best player also?

Ludlow does lose their leading scorer but has a nice nucleus coming back. Lovell may be the point guard that nobody knows about and with the big girls gone from Dixie & St Henry you could see Warndorf be the next power player in District 34. Collins who appeared to be in the doghouse through out the year could be the scorer that replaces Wofford. Turner is a decent guard but if she continues to turn the ball over then coach Wofford may lose her mind.

Dixie loses 3 but should still be the Class of District 34. St Henry loses so much, 7 players I think. You just can't replace senior talent and leadership. Lloyd and Ludlow return a nice core of younger talent and should battle for the 2nd seed next year.

Did you watch the same game I did. A smaller less talented Ludlow pushed the bigger deeper Dixie team for almost 3 quarters.

Hey Dixie, if you play like that against St Henry you might just lose.

With all due respect, I don't think many folks saw the same game as you did. Dixie immediately extended an 11 point half time lead to 17 and continued to push it to the upper 20's by the end of the 3rd. Then gave way to the bench early enough to get 11 players in the scoring column. I'd guess Dixie would be quite happy if they played that way vs. St. Henry.

With all due respect, I don't think many folks saw the same game as you did. Dixie immediately extended an 11 point half time lead to 17 and continued to push it to the upper 20's by the end of the 3rd. Then gave way to the bench early enough to get 11 players in the scoring column. I'd guess Dixie would be quite happy if they played that way vs. St. Henry.

If you read my David vs Goliath post I said Ludlow Hung tough the first half. Then I basically said all Dixie in second half. No knock on Dixie. I think we both know the St Henry game should be a much better match up. St Henry is more talented and deeper than Ludlow. This should be a fun game to watch. And yes, if Dixie wins going away then they will be quite happy.

Ludlow does lose their leading scorer but has a nice nucleus coming back. Lovell may be the point guard that nobody knows about and with the big girls gone from Dixie & St Henry you could see Warndorf be the next power player in District 34. Collins who appeared to be in the doghouse through out the year could be the scorer that replaces Wofford. Turner is a decent guard but if she continues to turn the ball over then coach Wofford may lose her mind.

Dixie loses 3 but should still be the Class of District 34. St Henry loses so much, 7 players I think. You just can't replace senior talent and leadership. Lloyd and Ludlow return a nice core of younger talent and should battle for the 2nd seed next year.

I'm sure things will be interesting next year in the 34th. I agree that St Henry will miss Neace in a big way and Dixie will miss Tibbs. And I'm also sure that Ludlow and Lloyd will be as good if not improved. I guess it's hard to see if you don't follow St Henry, but they have some very good players in the pipeline coming back. Two Soph's start for this years team- Paige Noble and Marlena Kellem. Some of the first people off the bench are Juniors and Freshmen- and this years Freshman class is very talented. Granted, there is no 6'-2" Center in the bunch so the offense will need to be altered accordingly.

Dixie must protect the ball against St. Henry. Multiple turnovers and it's over. St Henry has played well since losing to Dixie early in the season. Anticipate focus on the two Bigs.....however others may step up. Should be a good game to watch.