Holmes 54 Campbell County 50

I4C

Why do you guys have to degrade the camels effort? They played well enough to lose by 4 to the #2 team in the state and all you can say is that they were that close because the refs cheated. That is ridiculous. Maybe the camels are just a pretty good team. Not saying they are better than Holmes, but at least give them an ounce of credit, because none of you are.

I am not degrading their effort but apparently the refs thought they needed some help; and they were not short on giving it to them. It really pales the effort made by the camels due to the many extra opportunities. I can not determine the caliber team the camels have from that performance . Honestly I think it would have been a blow out played in any neutral arena. However I could be wrong maybe they are a good team. I would not be bragging about a narrow margin loss when the game was so slanted in favor of the camels. . I am not blaming the girls of CCHS I am just saying they had a lot of ( probably) unwanted help

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not degrading their effort but apparently the refs thought they needed some help; and they were not short on giving it to them. It really pales the effort made by the camels due to the many extra opportunities. I can not determine the caliber team the camels have from that performance . Honestly I think it would have been a blow out played in any neutral arena. However I could be wrong maybe they are a good team. I would not be bragging about a narrow margin loss when the game was so slanted in favor of the camels. . I am not blaming the girls of CCHS I am just saying they had a lot of ( probably) unwanted help

I'm not sure what you by "help"

Where do I start...... Ok I'll start with compliments....dg21 your daughter is a very nice player and Holmes has a very good athletic team... Lady Camels are the Rodney Dangerfield of girls NKY basketball, they just get no respect.... To insinuate that Holmes was cheated is an absolute joke. Maybe your mad because you came in expecting to win by 80.. It didn't happen, you won by 4. Take your victory humbly and move on. Holmes full court pressed the entire 1st half, Camels did not press the 1st half. They called 3 more fouls on the Bulldogs than us. 2nd half they called 4 more fouls on the Camels. Bulldogs missed a lot of layups and point blank shots, could the score of been worse? Sure could of but it wasn't. Camels got 2 open looks for 3's at the end to tie it up but couldn't get it to fall. Could the outcome of been different? Sure could of but it didn't happen. I don't see any Camel faithful crying cheating when our girls are dribbling up the court and get knocked to the ground and no foul is called. The fouls were 15-14 in favor of Holmes. You have a nice athletic team who has had a great year and you bring this garbage to the table. Seems like not many opponents want to give the Camels any credit for the year they are having. Joke. Nice job lady Camels polish up for districts. You've earned everything this year from hard work and team basketball.

Where do I start...... Ok I'll start with compliments....dg21 your daughter is a very nice player and Holmes has a very good at

hletic team... Lady Camels are the Rodney Dangerfield of girls NKY basketball, they just get no respect.... To insinuate that Holmes was cheated is an absolute joke. Maybe your mad because you came in expecting to win by 80.. It didn't happen, you won by 4. Take your victory humbly and move on. Holmes full court pressed the entire 1st half, Camels did not press the 1st half. They called 3 more fouls on the Bulldogs than us. 2nd half they called 4 more fouls on the Camels. Bulldogs missed a lot of layups and point blank shots, could the score of been worse? Sure could of but it wasn't. Camels got 2 open looks for 3's at the end to tie it up but couldn't get it to fall. Could the outcome of been different? Sure could of but it didn't happen. I don't see any Camel faithful cryin

g cheating when our girls are dribbling up the court and get knocked to the ground and no foul is called. The fouls were 15-14 in favor of Holmes. You have a nice athletic team who has had a great year and you bring this garbage to the table. Seems like not many opponents want to give the Camels any credit for the year they are having. Joke. Nice job lady Camels polish up for districts. You've earned everything this year from hard work and team basketball.

I have not said one negative thing about the CCHS Girls basketball team, but I am calling out the refs they deserve everything I have said about them. If you want to defend them that's on you however as I said before I don't like seeing any team being cheated it takes away from the game. You should be as annoyed by this as I am if you promote fair play for all the girls. I did not see that tonight and I am appalled at the refs actions. I don't think it was a poorly called game I think it was intentional and should not be tolerated. If you have access to a video of the game get it watch it and then tell me what you think. The refs performance was even worse when I watched the game and was able to replay the calls. I am telling you it was diplorable.

I have not said one negative thing about the CCHS Girls basketball team, but I am calling out the refs they deserve everything I have said about them. If you want to defend them that's on you however as I said before I don't like seeing any team being cheated it takes away from the game. You should be as annoyed by this as I am if you promote fair play for all the girls. I did not see that tonight and I am appalled at the refs actions. I don't think it was a poorly called game I think it was intentional and should not be tolerated. If you have access to a video of the game get it watch it and then tell me what you think. The refs performance was even worse when I watched the game and was able to replay the calls. I am telling you it was diplorable.

So your not "necessarily" a Holmes fan - but you videotape and re-watch their games?

It is hard to stay focused when you are getting cheated!!

I think we got your point...the only reason the Camels came back in this game was due to the refs. Whatever. Let's give the Camels credit for showing their heart and let's give Holmes credit for holding on for the win. This type of post is what makes me want to root against the posters team.

I asked a fan and got a copy. I informed the fan of the reason for wanting the tape and was able to get a quick turn around. I want the actions of these refs addressed. Again , my posts are not directed at CCHS. However if enough fans complain about the actions of these particular refs there is a good chance they will not be refing any tournament games.

All your whining and complaining about refs is like beating a dead horse Captain. Take the compliments for a very impressive Holmes team. Too many turnovers and not hitting from the free throw line allowed the Camels to come back. I am sorry but an 8-2 foul advantage is really not much to cry about. I don't know why everyone thinks that foul totals should always end up being equal at the end of a quarter or game. Some teams just play a defense that can allow for more fouls.