Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Inside Highlands Athletic Fieldhouse

Featured Replies

What is the width and length of the turf area?

 

35Yards in length and width I think around 75 feet wide.

  • Replies 104
  • Views 22.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author
Where are the pictures of the dance studio??? :D

 

Or are they in the dance forum?

 

You will have to create your own thread or forum should I say for that one Oldbird.

 

Honestly I didnt know where to start this thread as it is an ATHLETIC facility but I figured this was the Forum most browsed.

Where are the pictures of the dance studio??? :D

 

Or are they in the dance forum?

 

Do the football and dance teams practice together?

  • Author
Do the football and dance teams practice together?

 

Possibly but I doubt in the Fieldhouse. :banana:

That looks very nice!

Why wouldn't a player want to play for a champion and be able to work out in a facility like this! Great job by the boosters! Very nice!

Great, they've gone from the Rocky workout to the Drago workout. Not good news for the rest of NKY.

What does a typical facility like this cost? I don't know of any schools in my area that have indoor practice facilities, but they seem to be becoming more and more popular. I'm curious if this is something that most schools with a good booster system could afford, or if its out of the question for most schools to consider something like this.

And to think, new turf on the field is just around the corner!! Too bad I don't have any boys, but my Jr. girls are loving the new facilities..I think they hit the weights harder than the boys. Jumped their squats up 50 pounds over the first 9 weeks, 325 for a rep of 3 is not bad, lol. Equipment that works and looks good, makes you proud to be in there and work hard. They can't stop talking about it. ;)

A close friend of mine went through last night with all of the other coaches and sent me some pictures and details; 16 power racks, cable weights, sleds, kettle bells, 3 dumbbell racks, and a turf field! Not to mention a WATER FOUNTAIN (finally). I would have loved to have had the indoor field the day before state my senior year when the field froze over and Coach Mueller made us play ice skating football.

 

So much room for activities!!

 

A water fountain would of been great for me in the 80s. We would of killed for one.

I understand the softball and I would assume the baseball team won't be able to use it next week for tryouts. Timing off by just a week. Kind of a bummer considering the potential weather.

The athletic boosters would love to take credit for this field house, but its not the case. This is a Fort Thomas Independent Schools District funded facility.

 

Lots of groups have been involved in facilities upgrades in the past decade in Fort Thomas. Kudos to the Foundation, the Boosters, independent and private donors, and the Board of Education for making it all happen.

Nice facilities!

 

CovCath needs to apply for some kind of grant...

A close friend of mine went through last night with all of the other coaches and sent me some pictures and details; 16 power racks, cable weights, sleds, kettle bells, 3 dumbbell racks, and a turf field! Not to mention a WATER FOUNTAIN (finally). I would have loved to have had the indoor field the day before state my senior year when the field froze over and Coach Mueller made us play ice skating football.

 

So much room for activities!!

 

Also keep in mind another entirely separate state of the art fitness center was also built just a couple months ago inside the school. WE HAVE NO EXCUSES NOW!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.