Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Inside Highlands Athletic Fieldhouse

Featured Replies

Also keep in mind another entirely separate state of the art fitness center was also built just a couple months ago inside the school. WE HAVE NO EXCUSES NOW!

 

Link to "inside the school" facility

 

Both very impressive. Is there a planned open house for the community?

  • Replies 104
  • Views 22.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Link to "inside the school" facility

 

Both very impressive. Is there a planned open house for the community?

 

The one you posted has already had the open house. The fieldhouse is not ready yet and I'm not sure about a date for that. I'm sure they will want to "show it off". But if they don't, I'd be happy to show you. We got the tour the other night and will be living in there in a week or so!

Honestly I didnt know where to start this thread as it is an ATHLETIC facility but I figured this was the Forum most browsed.

 

It certainly wouldn't have garnered much interest in the basketball forum. :D

In all seriousness, that looks pretty awesome. Thanks for sharing.

You are not kidding. For people who have never seen HHS's weight room "back in the day", I cannot tell you how pathetic it was. Locker rooms too. The visiting locker room for hoops when I was there (80's) was an absolute embarrassment.

 

 

The visiting locker room for the basketball team used to be awful. It was basically a big cold bathroom.

The visiting locker room for the basketball team used to be awful. It was basically a big cold bathroom.

 

And it will continue to be that way......:jump:

 

J/K.....I think!

The athletic boosters would love to take credit for this field house, but its not the case. This is a Fort Thomas Independent Schools District funded facility.

 

Lots of groups have been involved in facilities upgrades in the past decade in Fort Thomas. Kudos to the Foundation, the Boosters, independent and private donors, and the Board of Education for making it all happen.

 

Mainly the Foundation. If it's not for the Fort Thomas Education Foundation with raising most of the Districts money, Highlands High School would still be stuck in Fundraising for Phase I. And Woodfill Elementary would probably be a closed facility right now. So Kudos to all of the Men and Woman who tirelessly lean on the Community to make their annual Donations to make it all happen.

Also keep in mind another entirely separate state of the art fitness center was also built just a couple months ago inside the school. WE HAVE NO EXCUSES NOW!

 

I remember seeing someone there working out DURING the CovCath game. Just struck me as odd timing.

What does a typical facility like this cost? I don't know of any schools in my area that have indoor practice facilities, but they seem to be becoming more and more popular. I'm curious if this is something that most schools with a good booster system could afford, or if its out of the question for most schools to consider something like this.

 

Just shy of 3 million.

 

Just shy of 3 million.

 

Wow.. Thats a bit more than I expected. I imagine most stadiums don't cost 3 million to build. That is a very impressive facility though.

If somebody is shopping around for a football team to play for the field house will make their decision easier.

If somebody is shopping around for a football team to play for the field house will make their decision easier.

 

Well that took longer than I thought. To me it shows a high dedication to sports and the kids that play them. I believe this facility will be used for more than football, no?

Well that took longer than I thought. To me it shows a high dedication to sports and the kids that play them. I believe this facility will be used for more than football, no?

 

Absolutely. It would ignorant to think otherwise. Baseball and softball will be able to utilize both the turf and batting cages, the dance team has a studio now, cheerleading will be able to use the turf area to practice their "fly" drills, soccer teams can use the turf area to practice during inclement weather, and literally every sport can use the actual weight room. The Super, Mr. Kirchner, would have never approved this building had it not benefited the entire athletic department.

If somebody is shopping around for a football team to play for the field house will make their decision easier.

 

Ahhh jealousy! Classic UK#1fan

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.