Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Inside Highlands Athletic Fieldhouse

Featured Replies

Absolutely. It would ignorant to think otherwise. Baseball and softball will be able to utilize both the turf and batting cages, the dance team has a studio now, cheerleading will be able to use the turf area to practice their "fly" drills, soccer teams can use the turf area to practice during inclement weather, and literally every sport can use the actual weight room. The Super, Mr. Kirchner, would have never approved this building had it not benefited the entire athletic department.

 

Mr. Kirchner the old SK history teacher!

  • Replies 104
  • Views 22.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ahhh jealousy! Classic UK#1fan

 

I'm not jealous! Being serious if a kid is looking for a place to play Highlands has a super nice field house. SK has a nice field house but they don't have much turf area.

Very nice. I would love a thread to see pics from all schools weight room "fitness center"

If somebody is shopping around for a football team to play for the field house will make their decision easier.

 

Boy I sure hope so.

Awesome facility, just incredible. Kudos to those who made it happen and congratulations. I am officially envious.

What is the funding process for something like that? Booster donations, corporate sponsors, public funds, bond sales? Do you raise a portion of the money and borrow the rest with future pledges secured? I'm genuinely interested, no malice intended at all.

I'm not jealous! Being serious if a kid is looking for a place to play Highlands has a super nice field house. SK has a nice field house but they don't have much turf area.

 

Or lets deliver from another angle,

 

If a kid is looking for a college prep education and help add to 23 State Championships and now train and be educated in "start of the art" facilities then Highlands is the place for him...

 

Just want to make sure we are not confusing the two schools...:thumb:

You are not kidding. For people who have never seen HHS's weight room "back in the day", I cannot tell you how pathetic it was. Locker rooms too. The visiting locker room for hoops when I was there (80's) was an absolute embarrassment.

 

This new facility is very impressive - no excuses to not be in shape now!

 

 

I don't recall any excuses for lack of winning in the past so the word excuse puzzles me...

 

I presume you are referring to non-football sports because I have never seen a Highlands football team out of shape and I have seen them now for a while:thumb:

The facility is awesome and has been a god send from all those involved and it will be an incredible asset to the entire school district:thumb:

 

I still must scratch my head on why they positioned it the way they did though, they left no option for expandability of the building structure. I am just a bit disappointed that they did not position it as such to be able to add to the field portion of the building in the future.

 

Not being snooty or ungrateful with what has just happened, I just feel like if you have the option which the district did then I feel like they should have implemented it into the design. A lot of wasted space imo for a parcel of land that has very limited uses.

There old facility produced some tough nosed kids. Sometimes working in the pits (run down and shambled weight rooms) provide an element of toughness that some teams loose once they get treated to a life of luxury. Hopefully for them this won't be the case.

I don't recall any excuses for lack of winning in the past so the word excuse puzzles me...

 

I presume you are referring to non-football sports because I have never seen a Highlands football team out of shape and I have seen them now for a while:thumb:

 

I was just commenting about how great the new facility was. Just a matter of speech...not implying or presuming anything...lighten up:)

I was just commenting about how great the new facility was. Just a matter of speech...not implying or presuming anything...lighten up:)

 

Noted :thumb:

I still must scratch my head on why they positioned it the way they did though, they left no option for expandability of the building structure. I am just a bit disappointed that they did not position it as such to be able to add to the field portion of the building in the future.

 

Not being snooty or ungrateful with what has just happened, I just feel like if you have the option which the district did then I feel like they should have implemented it into the design. A lot of wasted space imo for a parcel of land that has very limited uses.

 

I'm wondering if they could back-fill the hill behind the field house to gain some more space. I haven't gotten a close look back there, so I don't know how much of the real estate is still available (if any).

I'm wondering if they could back-fill the hill behind the field house to gain some more space. I haven't gotten a close look back there, so I don't know how much of the real estate is still available (if any).

 

Filling the hole will not do anything for the building as the indoor field is now landlocked and can not be expanded because of the position of the building.

 

Had they built it parallel with the school and located the indoor field portion of the building toward the hole then yes they could have left themselves expandability but as it sits right now they have not only killed future expansion to the indoor field but they have also blocked access to the hole we speak of.

 

I personally believe there are much bigger plans in the future for Highlands including a new football stadium which may be built in an area which houses now sit. JMO:thumb:

When is the official grand opening of the facility?

 

I would like to think that the facility is being put to very good use at the moment...:thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.