Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Inside Highlands Athletic Fieldhouse

Featured Replies

  • Replies 104
  • Views 22.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There old facility produced some tough nosed kids. Sometimes working in the pits (run down and shambled weight rooms) provide an element of toughness that some teams loose once they get treated to a life of luxury. Hopefully for them this won't be the case.

This is true, to a point. I agree.

 

If I can get some pics of Colerain's weight room, I'll post. Last I heard, the floor was close to collapsing because it was never meant to be a weight room.

 

It's amazing what can be done with some blood, sweat and tears.

 

Very nice facility Highlands. I am sure many will get thousands of hours of use out of it.

 

-CardinalsFan

When will the administration in Boone County wake up and realize how pathetic everything is in their county schools compared to every other big school in the area. Even Ryle, while they have a nice field, their facilities are terrible. Kenton schools have field turf and field houses paid for primarily by the board. Campbell County just upgraded to the nicest field in NKY. Beechwood, Highlands, all of these schools have turf fields, indoor facilities while Cooper, Conner, and Boone have the worst fields in NKY. It is quite ridiculous!

This is nicer than a lot of college football weight rooms that I've seen/visited. Awesome facility.

That is ridiculously nice!

 

At first blush, I'm surprised there isn't recognition on the walls of the multitude of State Championships, similar to what UK did in the Craft Center:

 

craft center.jpg

 

 

Perhaps it was a concession to the community that this was not a football-only facility, but imagine how cool that would look.

When will the administration in Boone County wake up and realize how pathetic everything is in their county schools compared to every other big school in the area. Even Ryle, while they have a nice field, their facilities are terrible. Kenton schools have field turf and field houses paid for primarily by the board. Campbell County just upgraded to the nicest field in NKY. Beechwood, Highlands, all of these schools have turf fields, indoor facilities while Cooper, Conner, and Boone have the worst fields in NKY. It is quite ridiculous!

Boone county schools do not pay anything for athletics, not field maintenance, weights, basketballs, baseballs, paint to stripe the fields, bus transportation to away games or uniforms....nothing...there is no athletic budget, period!

That is ridiculously nice!

 

At first blush, I'm surprised there isn't recognition on the walls of the multitude of State Championships, similar to what UK did in the Craft Center:

 

[ATTACH=CONFIG]49549[/ATTACH]

 

 

Perhaps it was a concession to the community that this was not a football-only facility, but imagine how cool that would look.

 

 

 

That would be cool but I think you are spot on, the facility is being sold to the community as a multisport and multi activity facility for all student/athletes, etc.

 

The football recognition that is planned is coming and is off the charts and should be ready when the renovation of the gymnasium building is completed. That will tell the story of Highlands Football and will be very, very cool and will not hide inside a building that nobody ever sees but will welcome teams and fans of all when they enter DCM on Friday nites :thumb:

 

Perhaps it was a concession to the community that this was not a football-only facility, but imagine how cool that would look.

With today's open house of the new Indoor facility, what were everyone's thoughts that may have attended. Any pics to go along with those thoughts?

  • Author

Saw a bunch of cars down there.

Idk, I was a little disappointed with the free food, drink and live entertainment...Thought they could have done a little better considering the circumstances...:thumb:

You know...being a 100 yrs and all...just sayin

Idk, I was a little disappointed with the free food, drink and live entertainment...Thought they could have done a little better considering the circumstances...:thumb:

You know...being a 100 yrs and all...just sayin

 

Live entertainment? As in.........

I drove by it the other day. Looks super impressive!

What is the funding process for something like that? Booster donations, corporate sponsors, public funds, bond sales? Do you raise a portion of the money and borrow the rest with future pledges secured? I'm genuinely interested, no malice intended at all.

I think I saw once that Ft Thomas Property Taxes (School portion), were some of the highest in the state. I'd guess they are as sound as any system in the state financially.

I think I saw once that Ft Thomas Property Taxes (School portion), were some of the highest in the state. I'd guess they are as sound as any system in the state financially.

 

You'll find that in many places in Northern Ky where SEEK funding is askew.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.